“Fantastic stay! We will come back!”

Le Meridien Stuttgart
Ranked #3 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We spent a fantastic time at this hotel. From the moment we arrived until check out we enjoyed it. The staff is professional, the rooms are modern, the bed is great and everything is very clean. Very nice pool (approx 11m) and small fitness . Breakfast was of outstanding quality and service.

The parking on the other side of the street offers a night for 4,80.

Fortunately I can mention that gay couples are very welcome, I believe the experience of another traveler who mentioned issues about it on this website was an exception.

Thanks to the Meridien team for this stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Selim_Mokni, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear „j75fr“,

Thank you very much for spending your valuable time on sharing your experiences about Le Meridien Stuttgart.

We are very glad to read that we could met your expectations and you that have had an enjoyable stay with us.

As we underlined before there is absolutely no difference in treating our homosexual clients and our heterosexual guests. We are very thankful that you could confirm that on TripAdvisor.

Dear “j75fr“, we are looking forward to be your host once again one day.

Guest Relation Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,329)

Reviewed May 15, 2012

At first appearances, the hotel may seem very businesslike but once you meet the staff you will find it is a very welcoming place. For any trip to Stuttgart, business or pleasure, Le Meridien is my first choice because of the friendly staff and the convenient location. Every trip I took with my family, they treated my children wonderfully! There was an instance where we mentioned we were going to have a family movie night and the manager brought my children milk and cookies. The front desk staff are always so welcoming and always remembered my name. They are like a family away from home.

Their rooms are very accommodating; the regular rooms facing the garden are peaceful and the suites are very roomy. If you are on the street side, I would suggest a higher floor if you are sensitive to noise but it’s not a huge detriment. (plus if you let them know ahead of time they will accommodate)

The spa and spa staff are wonderful. It was nice to have a variety of saunas and the heated chairs are very cozy. The swimming pool is also very large (but cold) and the lounging areas are nice for relaxing. I had a few treatments and was very satisfied. My children also loved the pool and the huge robes. The gym has all the basic equipment for a variety of workouts but across the street are miles of running/bike paths. The hotel has an area to store bikes as well.

The bar and restaurant staff were very attentive. The breakfast buffet has a grand selection and their Italian Night was extraordinary (but pricey). The evening atmosphere is a bit formal but they always ensured my small children were happy and I never felt as they weren’t welcomed. Room service was prompt and I only had an issue once (which they quickly fixed).

The location is fantastic! The main train station is about a 5 minute walk away. The planetarium, zoo, museums, theater and shopping are very close. It is also close to the annual Fishmarket, Summerfest, and a few train stops away from the Spring and Fall Beer Festivals.

Overall, my favorite hotel not only because the location but because of the warm and caring staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Selim_Mokni, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear “Katherine C“,

We really appreciated your detailed review on TripAdvisor. Thank you very much.

It is a big honor for us that Le Meridien Stuttgart is your favorite hotel and that even your children feel comfortable with us.

Of course we forwarded all your kind words to the staff of the different departments which you have mentioned.

Dear “Katherine C”, in the name of all employees of Le Meridien Stuttgart we would like to say thank you and tell you that it was and still is a big pleasure for us to being your host.

We are looking forward to welcome you and your family back as soon as possible.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Would not stay here again. The rate of $200 per night excluded breakfast, wifi, parking. Room nice but not worth the price especially facing Wily Brandt Str. which is very noisy.

Additionally, we received the most incredibly rude response from an employee in reception to our request for a king size bed. "We're not accustomed to having two men share a bed." Though receptive to our complaint, management simply provided a bottle of wine as an apology.

Upon check out also got a bill of $130 for parking, wifi, coffee & tea room service for 2 days.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the front on Wily Brandt Str.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grdohm
Selim_Mokni, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Dear grdohm,

First of all, we would like to thank you very much for your recent stay with us and the review on TripAdvisor.

You and your partner made some unwelcoming experiences while you were with us. Our colleague at the Front Desk mentioned a sentence which is absolutely not acceptable. We would like to express our sincerest apologies for that. We can assure you that our property is a very open minded, gay friendly hotel for all guests. Of course we do offer king-size beds to male or female couples, however, as you can imagine, we do verify upon arrival the bed type preference. We are very sorry that we have missed that in your case.

After you reported this incident to our Manager on Duty we just wanted to underline our apologies with the bottle of wine. We very much regret that you have experienced this as inappropriate.
As our Front Office Manager, Mister Stefan Hummel, wrote you in a separate mail we hope that you can accept our apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay with Le Meridien Stuttgart.

Dear grdohm, we are all looking forward to welcome you back in Stuttgart as soon as possible so that we have the chance to correct your impressions.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Our recent stay had all the makings of a 5 star review. Until the unfortunate incident. Sometimes, all it takes is one little thing to ruin the whole stay.
I will start with the negative and then move to the positive.
I drink iced tea. I mean, when I say I drink iced tea, I mean, that is all that I drink. Confusing, I know.
The problem with iced tea that it is not super available outside of the US. Even in the US, if you aren't in the key spots, your luck at finding good, fresh brewed iced tea, is a crapshoot.
Luckily for me, I have the secret recipe. Not patented, so stick with me.
Tea bag (PG Tips is best), hot water, ice. Cat's out of the bag!
One of the biggest upsides of traveling in Europe is that nearly every nice hotel room has a hot water maker in it (they call them kettles). This room is nice. Clearly there must be a kettle in here somewhere. No such luck. Call down, voila, hot water maker sent up within 5 minutes. Thank you.
Call down for ice. Are there ice machines available? I already knew the answer as there was no ice bucket in the room (dead giveaway). No problem sir, we will send some up. How much do you want, 1 glass? No, please send a large bucket up. On its way.
Room service girlie shows up with a bucket and a receipt. Can you sign for this? Is there a charge for ice? No, just the delivery. Merely 3 Euros. No thank you, I am not going to pay for ice. You are not paying for ice, just me delivering it. Not going to pay for it. Well, keep the ice anyways. No, that's fine. Now I feel weird. Well, not too weird to not keep the ice.
I stay in hotels about 200-250 nights per year. I have NEVER been charged for ice, or delivery of said ice. It's goddamn water and freezing cold!
Bad start to the stay. Now I am bummed on the hotel.
Next, I take a bath. Nice large bathtub, good temperature of water. I smell mildew in the bathroom as I fill up the tub. As I sit in there I notice the mildew in some very key and easily visible spots. Mildew and mold are a bummer. Unless you are in Florida. Then, they are to be expected.
Rest of the info:
Room is great. Nice size. Desk to work on that is very functional. Bed is large and comfortable. TV looks alright. I haven't turned it on.
We have a large group (60 rooms) and they have our internet and breakfast included. Some sad sack is paying 14 Euros for their internet and getting nothing out of it. I would be irate. Ironically, I nearly didn't post this review as the page wouldn't load. Did Le Meridien know what I was up to?
The best part of the hotel is location. It is right across the street from a GIGANTIC, beautiful sprawling park. There is some renovation stuff going on, but definitely worth a walk around. Also, there is an ENORMOUS (I am running out of adjectives) shopping area attached to the far side of the park. You have pretty much everything you would want within a 5 minute walk of the hotel's front door.
Hey management, no one else charges for ice delivery. You ought to re-visit that.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jon S

Dear “Jon S“,

Thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at Le Meridien Stuttgart.

By mistake, we wanted to charge the service charge. Our standard procedures clearly state that there are no charges for delivery of ice cubes, since this is a service of the hotel. We are very sorry for the inconveniences.

We are pleased for the note you gave us concerning your room. We already forwarded your review to our technical department as well as to our housekeeping. Once again we hope that you accept our apologies.

Dear “Jon S“, we are looking forward to welcome you and your group back as soon as possible.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

The hotel has it all...spa, buffet breakfast, parking, and most of all great location. Across the street from the park (with beer garden) and 5 minute walk to the Main train station. Clean rooms and very helpful staff. It was a nice getaway for my husband and I when we went to Springfest.

It is not much to look at from the outside and nothing is "immediately" in the area but everything is super close.

Room Tip: Go online and look for exclusive online pricing. Cost at door is much more then if you reserve onli...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The one night we stayed in Le Meridien is one that will not be forgotten nor be repeated. We were walk-in guests and the welcome at the reception was warm and nice. However, the room was dirty since there was an old cigarette but (non-smoke room) on the floor and long black hairs were found throughout the room. But the worst of all was the baby cod, for a 5 star hotel one would expect that also the little ones get treated like little stars but it was a disgrace. I had to wrap blankets around the so-called mattress to make it a bit more comfortable for the little one and fortunately I had brought his own blankets too. The breakfast was good though - but the plates weren't cleared as they should and we had to move them to surrounding tables. Finally, when we filed the complaints early the next morning during check-out, we were told that we should have informed them directly but since we checked in after 9pm how were we to see the hairs and the cigarette but when we just wanted to sleep? Only the next morning did we find all the short-comings. For the price we payed, I have to say from NY to HK - I have never stayed in such an underperforming x-star hotel and I will never ever stay in one of your hotels again. Because the least that could have been done was take our complaint with grace and make us feel comfortable filing it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank I D
Selim_Mokni, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear „I D”,

At first we would like to thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor.

Unfortunately we could not meet your expectations during your short stay in our hotel. Please be assured that we forwarded the points you have mentioned to our department heads.
As you can imagine the things you described are in no way in accordance to our standards.

Dear “I D”, we would be very pleased if you would give us a second chance to prove you, that we can do much better.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This hotel is what you would expect from a le meridien. Nothing more nothing less. Pretty central location, friendly staff, ok rooms. The whole property is in acceptable condition, common areas look nice, rooms need a bit of refurbishment. Pobably one of your best options in Stuttgart.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business