“SI Suites 2013”
Review of SI-Suites

SI-Suites
Ranked #11 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've been coming here every year for 4 years. Its a very nice homey hotel. I stay in the Exec suites and its just as nice as the regular rooms, only larger (has its own bedroom). I've been in the single rooms and i'd stay there just as well. The Staff is personable and super friendly. Breakfast is great albeit pricey. I really enjoy the comfortable bed and pillows. Hotel is very clean. Balcony is really nice to sit on. Hotel is in heart of german tourist area for Stuttgart with Broadway caliber musicals just next door.
Negatives: 1)Internet bandwidth is terrible. It used to be better. Even with the business connection its still bad. 2) No a/c in summer. Normally not a prob until its hot as it was this summer. 3) No good American TV. CNN is about it. 3)They used to have ESPN but its gone. No AFN. Fox is on one channel but only in living room. 4) No hot plates allowed for long term stays. I think they should change this. I come here for 4 months at a time. Only microwave and a elec water pot with very small cord. 5) Bath has glass "half-wall" which allows water to get on floor. It doesn't move (i've seen some that do move so you can enter easily. 6) Dont' try to drink a bier in the lobby bar area you brought from your room.....they will sell you one though!.........Still this is a great hotel and i wouldn't stay anywhere else because this is my home away from home.

Room Tip: I like B Haus but any room is good. Exec suites with Breakfast and internet is a must.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank action86

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Clean, quiet and comfortable....all I could ask for. Not carrying a smart phone or computer with me, I asked to use a computer for Internet, and was told it would cost something like $10 for about 15 minutes at the business center. Crazy high cost, so I passed. My fault for not carrying an iPad or computer, but hotel could be like others and provide free use. This aside, hotel is quite nice. Oh....no gym or workout center, so another negative in my eyes. Good places to run, though.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for six months straight. I can say that the staff was very helpful and spoke great English. However, the shows next door are extremely loud, the rooms don't have air conditioning, the hotel doesn't have a pool or a fitness facility, and the internet is extremely slow. The beds are twin sized and pushed together to make them full sized and the pillows are horrible. I would not stay here again, I know for a fact that there are better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank monroe909
SI-SUITES, Marketing at SI-Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Because of your open minded behavior we are always able to improve our quality.
We regret that you didn´t contact us during your stay. It´s one of our strengths to satisfy our guests needs at point of service. Helpfulness and friendly appearance are an indispensable basic in our corporate culture. We are convinced that satisfying solutions for your problems could have been found.
At the reception we offer an assortment of different pillows. We are sure to find one to guarantee a healthy and restorative sleep for you. It would have been possible to move to another more quiet part of the hotel. Closed windows over the entrance also guarantee a silent atmosphere during your stay. Our nature view windows with direct balcony/terrace access will still ensure the possibility to air the room.
We offer special conditions from our partners to our guests. This includes a very special gym and wellness opportunity as well as some attractive salaries inside the SI-Centre.
We would like to emphasize that we always try to reach a high level of satisfaction for our guests. On our point of service we are looking forward to offering a complete package to our guests.

Yours sincerely team of the SI-SUITES

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have slept there a couple of nights with my girlfriend in October 2012.
Our room was really big and had a kitchen + living room with couches and a table, we could manually adjust the heating and last but not least breakfast was A-MA-ZING!

Anything you would like to eat, they have it and tastes great. We're a bit of sissies when it comes to breakfast but we really could not complain with the SI SUITES one.

We were happy with everything, except one thing:
You have to get OUT the building to go the breakfast's building or to the schwaben quellen (depends on where your room is I guess).

Anyway, I would definitely go back there again.

Room Tip: When booking your room make sure you ask if it's located in the "breakfast building"...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mbiccheri
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The suites really are 'suites' here! There were 2 bathrooms and the room even had a large dining room table with 6 chairs! The hotel was perfect for a family of 4. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. While the apartments are nice and modern, the location is not very central. There is a train station close to the hotel but the trains are packed during festivals!! In fact, we had to get off the train and hunt down a cab (which cost us an extra 20 EURO). We didn't try the restaurant or bar so I cannot comment on those. There is an Irish pub across the street that served great food (yummy fish & chips w/cole slaw). They also had live entertainment and we enjoyed the atmosphere. There were other several eateries across the street. There is a movie theatre right next door too but I don't know if movies are shown in English. Entering the hotel can also be VERY confusing! I kept turning around and around because my GPS didn't even know where to go! Parking is convenient underneath but can be very expensive if staying for longer periods of time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

No complaints. The breakfast is above average and there is a great deal of variety. The service is excellent and the area is perfect for business visitors. The bedding and the size of the beds were better than I imagined. Everything was above average and they have washers and dryers. A top notch stay!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Getting there: when arriving by car, SI-Suites towers can bee seen from everywhere but it's hard to actually find out how to get in. Don't settle for P1 (as you will have to cross a road), or P2 (just for cinema and musical visitors). There's a P3 (which is not clearly signed) reserved for SI Suites guest at the fair value of 13 euros per day. You'll have to follow the SI suites signes which seems to lead you to a Park and Ride but actually goes aroud the SI village and brings you to the underground parking lot. When entering have a look at your left side as you are passing the stage door of the Palladium theater ;)

Checkin in: The hotel itself is divided in several blocs and access to the rooms is via open space floors either by an outside staircase or a grim elevator. 24/7 reception is in bloc A. It's good to know that all the elevators can bee taken from the underground parking, so that you don't have to drag your luggage around in the rain. Just go and check in and retrieve your luggage aftrewards from your car and choose the elevator from your bloc.

The apartments are really spacious, with a bathroom, kitchen area (microwave and refrigirator included), lounge area, huge firm twin beds (or a bit smaller queen size) and a balcony. There's only a small flatscreen TV however with plenty of channels. The bathroom is not that spacious compared to the rest, but it does the trick. Soap is only provided in dispensers. The decor is friendly "Landhaus" style (which might be considered cheesy by the younger generation, but it's good quality furniture) and clean. Front doors do not stay open to bring your luggage in; just so it like the cleaning man and plug the shoehorn in which you'll find in the hall.

Breakfast: I personnaly think that 19Euro is overpriced (unfortunately most of international hotels charge this bill), but it was very good. Might be interresting to glimpse around as some actors playing in the musicals nearby are living in the hotel an may be spotted sipping their morningly cup of coffee.

Staff: it's the most lovely staff I have seen lately! They really quickly dealt with exceptional situations and provided backup and help without loosing their coolness and friendlyness. The service provided is nearly at a 5 star hotel level!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends