“Beggars can't be choosers” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SI-Suites

SI-Suites
Ranked #12 of 149 Hotels in Stuttgart
Cambridgeshire UK
“Beggars can't be choosers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

After events at the Ibis Hotel Airport/Messe earlier, we were directed to this aparthotel by an extremely helpful receptionist at the Hotel Domero over the road. The receptionist at the IBIS seemed to only want to call Accor hotels, but after door knocking at Hotel Domero, the chap made some phonecalls and located two rooms.

SI-Suites is one of those interesting venues, in that you can see it from everywhere but can't actually find out how to get in. Consider it was after midnight, it was quite frustrating but finally we established it was Parking Lot 4 and we entered the underground car park. Checking in was very quick, considering they had no prior information about us, Rather expensive for a single night, but if you were based here for a few days on business it would be a competitive base.

We were given 2 rooms, one in block A and one in Block D. Blocks being the operative word. As you climb the outside stairs (I couldn't get lift to work in Block A and was on floor 6), its pretty depressing and I actually wondered if this was what prison was like ? - Grim grey colours every where and as I approached my room - I actually was prepared for a padded cell. It was noticeable as I walked along that all the rooms had the windows above the doors open for ventilation - Block A was clearly a smokers block as well.

I opened the door uneasily and was stunned to see the inside. This apartment was bigger than my old flat, with a bathroom, kitchen area, lounge area, twin beds and from what I could see maybe a balcony. I arrived at 00.35 and left at 04.45 so it was dark all the time, so no idea if it was balcony, Well decorated, clean and overall a very pleasant environment that I could easily spend a week living in. However if there was a negative it was the smell. The room stank of stale smoke but then if I had booked properly rather than just turned up I would hope I would have had a no-smoking room.

Not really anything else to add, should I grace stuttgart again in the next year or two I think I have just found home.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Altrincham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

The first thing I was asked to do upon check in was to pay for my 2 rooms in advance. Breakfast also had to be signed for while at the table. Rooms are Ok but very noisy and do not have air conditioning.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Robintaylor1
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

The hotel staff speaks excellent English and are very helpful. Over Christmas all guests received chocolates and over New Year's we received a very good local sparkling wine.

Breakfast is most definitely worth the €8 and on weekends includes more bubbly.

Tip: Pay for the business internet, the complimentary is throttled and has a max of 500MB.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the special music suites.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
West River, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

My family and I stayed here this past summer, while I was there on business. I choose this place because it was the lease expensive place to stay because I did not have to purchase two hotel rooms. Since I had Myself, my wife, and my teenage son, most hotels required my to get two rooms or would require me to rent a roll-away, making staying at their hotels more expensive. SI-Suites have very big rooms that fit all of us easily, plus it had a small kitchen area with a refrigerator, which came in very handy for saving money on meals. There is a grocery store with-in walking distance. Also, the U-Ban (METRO, Subway) is only 2 short blocks away from the Suites, which is the best mode of transport to use while going in and around Stuttgart. I would recommend staying here if you need the room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Garmisch
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Pros: Clean, large room, great breakfast and across the street from at least 6 restaurants.
Cons: Not comfortable, not convenient--for example, the only TV was in the sitting room portion of the suite--none in the bedroom; nor was there a wastebasket in the bedroom--only a tiny one in the bathroom (which did not have a tub); Noisy neighbors. Further, I received an envelope in my room addressed to someone else. When I took it to the front desk, my colleague was there also with an envelope addressed to a stranger. Lack of attention to detail on the part of the "20-something kids" manning the front desk.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

very nice place and ı wanna go again, delicious food stuff like this.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tecer
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stayed here one night en route to Switzerland. You get a decently sized apartment for your money, including kitchenette for those on longer stays.

The asset of the place is its location in the SI Centre, where you can find the theatres for musicals, a casino and the Schwabenquellen sauna.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple