“A Good Choice in Stuttgart”

Hotel zur Weinsteige
Ranked #43 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed here for one night in May. We were on our way up to Dresden and stopped by in Stuttgart for a visit to the Mercedes Benz and Porsche Museum. Our party of 5 was nicely accommodated in the "5 Bed Apartment". It included 2 beds in the main living room, another 2 beds in the first bedroom and 1 single bed in the second bedroom. The room had only one bath. At the time of our stay, there was no lift in the main building but they were in the midst of installing one. We also used the parking facilities which was reasonably priced and secure. Overall, the apartment most certainly met our needs for the short layover for a reasonable price and a good location.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Daziz_91
There are newer reviews for Hotel zur Weinsteige

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We found this gem in stuttgart . All the staff are so helpful and friendly , five minute walk in to the heart of stuttgart . We decided to have a meal at the restaurant and had the meal of the century . The starter was out of this world and the wine to match . Highly recommend this hotel for food and wine lovers around the world .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Hotel Wurtz / Zur Weinsteige is a fresh breath in Stuttgart. Although they were busy with renovations, the hotel has friendly staff and a wonderful restaurant. Off the road parking (although very cramped) made it easy to relax in style.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I chose this spontaneously, as I often do, and had no idea about location. I was greeted with a warm smile, unflustered great service, and a charming room (but a bit small). The restaurant, and related service though, was the winner for me. Started with the ox-tail essence (a consomme) with its own praline, then pork cooked two ways (belly pork and sous-vide leg which was simply divine). the wins selection is absurd (10,000 wines on premise) but reasonably-priced, and the surprise chef's treat at the start and end was nice: prawn on eggplant mouse with a lobster mouse, then a lovely truffle with my coffee). Would be back here in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Choose it for the charm, not the mod cons (other than internet). This is a boutique hotel. Don't...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Hugh M
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This family run hotel is my personal favorite in Stuttgart. Over the past year and several trips I have stayed here about 2 months. The reason I love this hotel is the people, service and location. The hotel is also very pretty, featuring an amazing Koi pond that is multi-level and from the restaurant, you can see into the tank. Although in the heart of the city, each morning you awake to the sounds of birds chirping and a view of the beautiful garden and Koi pond. Summer is the absolute best time to enjoy it, and make sure you get a room facing the courtyard. There are actually two buildings on the property. The main building is my favorite. It has a more classic design, and the other building a more modern design. Breakfast is wonderful with many choices and they will make you fresh eggs and coffee as well. In the evening, the dining room becomes a top-notch restaurant serving excellent food and wine and having won many awards. There is also a small bar in the hotel where you can get a beer at the end of the day.

There is no elevator in the main building, but they are adding one on and should be ready in a few months. The only thing I don't like about this hotel is the parking garage. It can be very tight and on one trip, I scraped the side of my rental car on a post. On another trip, there wasn't enough room to get my car out and we had to locate the owner. A minor inconvenience in light of how wonderful everything else is.

If you want a homogenized experience, gym, pool, business center, etc, then I would recommend the Marriott or another of the chain hotels. But if you want to experience Stuttgart and the hospitality of a family-owned hotel, then look no further.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank John P
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We spent a week end in that hotel and we have to say that all went well.
The personnel is very friendly and helpful.
Our room is big and clean. I would have prefered to bigger bathroom or a second as we are here with our 2 kids but for a week end it is okay!
In Stuttgart, hotel rates are quite high as there are fares and exhibitions the whole year long.
Breakfast is 10 eur per pers but is really good.
Parking spot 7 eur a day which is not that expensive.
A lot of people complain as there is no lift. I have to say that with the luggage or for old person it may be a challenge.
The restaurant is also excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MhLuxembourg
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My father and I stayed here for 4 nights in October. The hotel is on a fairly busy road but it is right near the u-bahn station. We were in room 256 in the smaller building behind the hotel (I think they refer to it as the castle). The windows kept out all of the street noise so that wasn’t a problem for us. That building has an elevator, which was great since my father has problems going up stairs. The room was clean and the bathroom was a really good size. The people at the front desk were really amazing. They took out luggage up to the room for us on the first and gave great restaurant recommendations. I want to give an extra thank you to the woman with blonde hair and glasses at the front desk. I’m sorry I don’t remember her name but she gave us directions to several places and was extremely helpful. All of the staff were really wonderful. We didn’t eat at the hotel because we jet-lagged the first night and they were closed on Sunday and Monday. Breakfast was fabulous though. We liked the little details they offered like tea made with tea leaves and not tea bags. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The castle has an elevator if you don't want to climb stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family