WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Pullman Fontana Stuttgart

Pullman Fontana Stuttgart
Ranked #11 of 148 Hotels in Stuttgart
Newcastle, Australia
“Nice cosy place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week and found it to be very good. The rooms are comfortable and clean. It is a train ride away from the centre of Stuttgart but we found it no hassle using the trains. I would defiantly stay again .

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed for two nights with my boyfriend during the beer fest in October. The location of the hotel is perfect as you're Half way between the airport and the city centre. The pool area is a great place to unwind. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The TV had very few if any English speaking stations.. not great for a hotel. Wifi is available but at a cost which I found surprising in this day and age.
Overall a great weekend with no major issues.

• Stayed October 2012
Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Myself and a party of friends have just come back from the beer festival. We stopped two nights at the Pullman. The hotel was in an ideal location midway between the airport and beer festival. We arrived at midday to be told they were very busy the night before, our rooms would not be ready until 2.30. We thought a bit disapointing as we had our bags and wanted to get to the beer tents. We waited around the reception bar when we noticed a party of Americans arrive and were given their keys straight away. We went back to the reception and were also given our keys??
I booked a twin room for myself and a friend. When we got to the room it was a double bed!! I went back to the reception who took our keys back, no apology but kept me waiting about 15 mins while she checked our booking form and spoke to various people. Eventually came back and said all she could offer was a bed and a sofa bed. no reason why. The room itself was very clean, the beds comfortable. Didn't try breakfast as €20 is a bit steep. The staff around the hotel were very friendly, but i think some of the staff on reception could do with brushing up on how to treat customers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Matt984
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Staying a bit further out of the city centre in Vaihingen wasn't a problem at all as there is a station for both the tram and S train right outside the hotel. Within 10 minutes or so you are in the city centre.

We had large, clean rooms with good views over the city and, whilst we didn't eat at the hotel in the evenings, the breakfasts (serve yourself buffet) were really good offering a wide range of both hot and cold food.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the service we received, excellent. If you want to be in the thick of it, this hotel probably isn't for you, but if you're after a quieter area with great access to the city centre, you won't go wrong here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank mbk09
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Not the first time in Pullman Fontana. A perfect hotel for both business and holiday.
High location, directly beside the S-Bahn and U-Bahn stations, overlooking a park and within 10 minutes walk to all the shopping you need.
Breakfast is excellent and the staff is very helpful, but they lack the smile.

Will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
WASHINGTON DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I pulled into Stuttgart after a three week business trip to Africa on a Friday night. My room was ready as planned and very comfortable. I was in Room 1118, non smoking with desk, easy chair and double or queen bed. Nice bath and shower. Clean. Air conditioned.

The hotel has a nice restaurant (I ate breakfast and dinner there every night) and is on the U bahn or above ground rail "tube." Just a few stops to the city centrum.

You can also take the tube to the airport or flughafen and is about a 20 Euro cab ride from the airport. The hotel is at the Vaihnigan stop on the tube and is directly next to the rail line. My room overlooked the rail yards, but I did not get bothered with undue amounts of noise.

The neighborhood is nice. There is a wonderful park across the street from the hotel which I spent time in during the weekend resting up for my business meetings the next week. On the other side of the park there is nice business neighborhood of shops, homes and a three floored shopping center. The weekend I was there the neighborhood was celebrating Herbst or Fall, so there were street markets, music and festviities.

Lufthansa air crews stay at this hotel as well, which is a also good sign. The hotel has a nice spa and pool, which I did not have time to frequent and a "connectivity lounge" for internet if you need it.

I had my own laptop and got the Business Package, 25 Euros daily for internet and breakfast. I stayed four nights at the hotel and was very pleased. I will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

First let me say that our room was clean, good sized and reasonably priced. The restaurant for the complimentary breakfast was also quite nice with decent selections and pleasant staff.
The problem was that the air conditioning was very inadequate (yes, Stuttgart was quite warm that week) and even after several complaints nothing was done about it. We were forced to sleep with the window open which was noisy. When we asked for a fan, we were given a fan without a working plug on the end-took 2 requests to get that straitened out. Also there is some type of external shade/awning on some of the windows and one of them had torn so that the wooden frame kept banging on our window all night when there was a breeze. That also took 2 separate requests before it seemed to get fixed.
Not sure if I would stay here again, it is very convenient to where we wanted to be, but the front desk could probably be more responsive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple