“GREAT HOTEL”

Kronen Hotel Stuttgart
Ranked #21 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights 5/6/7th October, and yet again I was delighted with my stay. I had stayed in this Hotel in June, and I am pleased to say it is still of a very high standard. The room was spotless with a nice bathroom and large shower. The staff are so helpfull and printed out my return flight boarding card. The breakfast is the best of any Hotel I have used in both Europe and the U.S.A. You cannot go wrong by staying in this Hotel, and it is a short walk from the central station. Well done to the management and staff who run this establishment...a quality service.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 458 which overlooked the street. Quiet at night but noisy through the day due to b...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I chose this hotel based on prior reviews here and it really is a great hotel for your stay. We received wonderful service from the employees here. We arrived early in the morning after a long flight from the US and the first thing we did was head for some breakfast. After traveling the next 10 days through-out Germany I can confirm, this hotel had THE BEST BREAKFAST of the trip. It really was exceptional -- a gourmet feast! The hotel is not in a spectacular area, but...it is clean and safe and near the train station which is a real plus. Room was very clean, bathrooms were very pleasantly spacious and just overall we enjoyed our brief stay here. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank XOITALY
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night in July. The neighborhood isn't much but it's close to the station (go underground in the station and walk as far west as you can, then you'll come up on the far side of the Kriegsbergstrasse, a lot better than going straight out of the station). The hotel itself has great staff; the rooms are a good size and our room was quiet and comfortable. And the breakfast was perhaps the best I've had at a German hotel. We enjoyed this hotel more than the (much more expensive) Hotel am Schlossgarten where we stayed last year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank canuck_at_large
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Very friendly hotel, extra friendly staff, a special plus for Francesca,
Room spacious and clean, the bed comfortable, air-conditioned rooms, a bathroom has everything you need, breakfast was fantastic, served on the ground floor and a large garden with tables where I had breakfast. The choice of food was great.
At night, the hotel was in a happy environment, a lot of the restaurants and clubs that do not make noise, this is a very safe and quiet neighborhood, close to the HB and the main street in the city, everything is close. An excellent choice, unless you have a lot of luggage to take taxi to hotel, if you do not have a lot of luggage you can walk.

Room Tip: look to garden
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The hotel it tucked away from the hustle and bustle, but no more than a 6-7min walk to main shopping strip. The staff speak good English, and are super helpful, particularly when I asked for an internet connection in my room.

The room itself is a little dated (single bed), and the shower dumps a whole lot of water on a wooden window frame which consequently has seen better days. There is also no a/c. It looks like the hotel is mid-way through a revamp - eg. the corridor outside, and door looked super modern and somewhat out of place with the inside of the room.

The breakfast is quite good as others have said.

I used their parking garage, which was okay, and nice and safe, although a little damp smelling.

I would stay here again, or look for a hotel a little closer to the main shopping area, as ultimately in the evening, that is where you need to head to eat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel from 26/06/12 for 2 nights on reviews supplied by Tripadvisor. The Hotel looks plain from the outside but then you enter into a world of 5 Star service. I arrived at about 1300hrs and while they allocated my room, a coffee and snack were provided. The staff throughout the Hotel were very helpfull and polite, the bedrooms were bright and clean with a nice shower in the bathroom. The breakfast variety is of the best I have encountered, in any Hotel I have stayed in. The Manager should be proud of all his staff . Some reviewers had difficulty finding this Hotel, and as a retired London Police Officer...I am very aware of good directions. From Airport take S train 3 or 5 to the Central Station...cost 3.50 Euros. Head for the Main Concourse, and exit station via steps adjacent to the Intercity Hotel. Coss over the road to the front of the station then turn right. Walk past the Steigenberger Hotel on your left , then turn left onto Friedsrichstra.. The next junction is Kronenstra. which runs left to right. Turn right and walk towards the next junction...cross over the road and the Hotel is up on the right. Follow this route and you will find Hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th Floor room 451...very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank angusbtp
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your nice comment. We are always happy to receive a feedback!
Also thank you for your nice description from the main station to our hotel. Nobody should have trouble finding us now!

We would be happy to welcoming you again!

Best regards
Franziska Karuth/Reservations

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Ok its not quite 5 star, and you want to get to hotel before dark (3 streets from station and you really don't want to go any further!) but rooms are fair for a one-overnighter, very clean, staff really helpful, amusing guy on reception, but the breakfast is the absolute biggest and best we have ever seen, and we try and stay at a lot of the best hotels in the world. The range was endless, and the curry chutney was to die for - yes they had everything unimaginable too. Worth going for the breakfast uplift in the morning !

Room Tip: All rooms seemed the same
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank iac2016
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Sir,

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast! Our service team is always trying out new creations for our gourmet breakfast buffet to be able to offer a great variety all the time.

Hope to see you again, soon!

Best regards