Kronen Hotel Stuttgart
ARCOTEL Camino(Stuttgart)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsquiet areasingle roomrailway stationshopping districtsmall barthe location is perfectcomfortable bedbreakfast buffet isan excellent hotelthe ground floors bahnunderground parkingbusiness hotelper dayneueselisabetheurope
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Were there three nights at the end of February, 2011. The hotel is further than it looks from the Stuttgart Hbf on the map and no previous review mentioned that it is up a moderate hill at the end of a dead-end street. It is west of the Hbf, about a 10 minute walk when pulling rolling luggage. There aren't that many choices near the train station in Stuttgart but the hotel is fairly close to the Fußgängerzone.

Many of the rooms like the one we had are very large but only have a high tech walk-in shower rather than a tub. The rooms are all different. Breakfast was great. Internet was 8 Euro/day. Our room had a small balcony with a table and two chairs and there were cushions in a closet for the chairs.

They were doing some street work in the front of the hotel while we were during the week, we had a room on the west side which was quite. The hotel is surrounded by hills and university buildings on the west side. It is in a neighborhood of offices, residences, and university offices but very quiet.

Room Tip: Reserve one of the deluxe, large rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I spent 8 nights in this hotel, as i participated a course in the Stuttgart University. The location is about 300m from the central station, in a very calm short street. It is about 5 minutes from the main shopping street of Stuttgart, and maybe 10 minutes walking from the old city. Great location! The hotel seems to be completely new as it is so clean. The breakfast as other mentioned- is just fantastic- attention to small details, a lot of food, so well decorated and so fresh. It seems as they have a special chef for such good looking and tasting food. The team was very freindly and gave me the so called home feeling which is very helpful as a sole traveller. There is a payable internet with 3 plans- the cheapest is 8 Euro per day which is fair and with really high speed. The only question mark one can have is getting to the hotel at night as it is somehow in an end of a not crouded street but from my experience- no reason for any concern. Yes- in case I will have to get back to this city- I will stay in this hotel. BTW-2 of my freinds- German guys, joined me for the last night and were also surprise for the cleanliness and the overall view.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ponio
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I did not stay at this hotel because they did not honor the price they quoted me. I spoke with a very nice woman on the phone who quoted me for a double room for our week's stay. She then even offered to upgrade the room for the same price. I requested to reserve the room at the price she quoted me and she said she would complete the reservation via email. I did not receive an email until the next day which said I was quoted the single room price, and my double room would cost $50 more per night! I responded to them to ask why they waited an entire day to respond and requested that they honor the price I was quoted, since she had stated it was for a double room. They responded again and said the best they could do was $40 per night more than I was promised. Not honoring their promise is unprofessional and poor customer service.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2010

4 nights at Kronenhotel in winter. The location is very convenient, near the railway station. The room was very large, so was the bed. The breakfast was said to be "the best in Stuttgart", and it really was. But the nicest was the staff, very nice; they made you feel at home.

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, businessman or tourist.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diaaane
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We have just arrived home after staying in this delightful hotel. The staff are exceptionally friendly and informative and the breakfasts are wonderful! My husband, daughter and I had been upgraded to a delux room at no extra cost. I have stayed in Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons hotels and this hotel was the equal of them in terms of cleanliness and service. Looking at other hotels in Stuttgart while travelling around - this is definitely the best to stay in. I thoroughly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family