“This museum is not to be missed!”

Haus der Geschichte House of History
Ranked #54 of 143 things to do in Stuttgart
Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“This museum is not to be missed!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I visited the Haus der Geschichte House of History with no expectations, apart from it being recommended by the tourist information centre.

I was absolutely blown away with its complexity and integration of new media into the museum experience.

From the moment I walked in the door I was greeted, everything was explained and better still, I had an audio guide in English!

The museum has done an excellent job of integrating new media into historical events and presenting the exhibits very appropriately. The audio guide was very intelligent, with a GPS tracker, so would show you on a map where your next recording was in the museum.

The chronological arrangement of the exhibts were as superb as the mediums used to express the content. I thought that it was refreshing to see (what could be dry, tired content), presented in such a forward-thinking manner and with such gusto.

The staff around the museum were so happy to help and were always friendly.

A truly great Stuttgart experience, I cannot recommend it highly enough!

2 Thank LozAus