“Amazing”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I've been to Il Pomodoro the 4th time now and it was always amazing. Especially the Pizza is excellent!! No matter if I went with my boyfriend or my family it was always a very nice atmosphere for any occasion.
The prices are amazing considering it is in the centre of Stuttgart. When the 4 of us went last week we paid 55 Euros including alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, food and tip - which seems very cheap - but the quality of food doesn't at all.
Only thing I think needs a little improvement is the service. They're all very nice and friendly but sometimes a hint slow.
Overall an amazing restaurant I can recommend to anyone!

1  Thank Isabel S
There are newer reviews for Il Pomodoro

Reviewed June 10, 2014

A perfect pizza in Stuttgart, also the cuisine is nice! Good service and atmosphere, ideal for dinners with friends!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The food is always great. The staff if wonderful and always accommodating. The size of the place is small. However, being a large man I never feel crowded, only caressed by their service and delicious fare.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

A really nice, tiny italian with good food and reasonably priced. In the summer you can sit out and the size doubles. There's always a wait for the tables but they usually give you a glass of Sekt for keeping you. Nice vibe.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been to a lot of Italian restaurants in Stuttgart but when it comes to pizza, Il Pomodoro is hard to beat. I would say it has the best pizzas in Stuttgart. Which is also why you have to wait a while for a table, especially on Fridays and Saturdays, but I can say that the pizza is worth the wait. Plus the prices are very reasonable (pizzas range from 6-8 euros and pastas from 7-8 euros).
My personal favorites are the Prosciutto/funghi and Spinaci.
I have to say the service is not the best (loooong wait for a seat and food, crazy busy waiters), but the food makes up to it. Other dishes, including antipastos and pastas, are also a delight, but be sure to order the pizza because that's what makes this place a favorite.