“Not bad, but not memorable.”

Stuttgarter Staffele
Ranked #73 of 1,404 Restaurants in Stuttgart
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Feuersee
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner while in a short trip. The interior was very smoky from the smoking section. I was about to leave altogether but the offered to move us to the Christmas tent which was fine. The food was reasonably priced and decent quality. But it was. It memorable, and I feel we could have found a better place. The service was slow and disinterested in us. Long gaps between even seeing the server. Overall if you're in town for a short time try somewhere else.

1  Thank Katzen1
There are newer reviews for Stuttgarter Staffele

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I read the indications on tripadvisor and decided to try. A long walk from the hotel at the hauptbanhof till there, but was worthwhile each step.
Wonderfull food, nice beer and a very kind service, even with a non-german speaker.
They do have menus in English and Spanish, so you know what you will eat. And it is sehr gut!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great ambiance! This is what it looks like in my imagination when I picture an authentic local German restaurant. The menu had some typical German dishes like Spatzle, knodel & sauerkraut. I ordered a local Swabian dish with beef in creamy cognac sauce.. and looooved it. My boyfriend's sirloin was also perfectly prepared. Would come here again!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

we decided to try the staeffele after reading the great reviews on tripadvisor. my family are locals so i was keen to be able to introduce them to a new restaurant.
it being a balmy summer evening we sat outside and i must say that the surrounding are very pleasant. the table and chairs comfortable the staff accommodating and polite.
my mothers course (kidneys in a sauce was truly beyond edible, too salty and the meat very tough). she complained and the waitress changed the order with no problem. my ‘pfannle’ a mix of filet in a sauce with home made spaetzle (a local delicacy, similar to pasta) however were beautifully cooked and i enjoyed every mouthful. the dish came with a side salad, which i was not overly partial to, although my oh loved it. it just seemed a bit on the traditional side ie very vinegary. i was quite surprised to note how my taste had changed over the years, with balsamic and olive oil dressing being the usual fare.
apart from that everyone was very happy with their main course. the deserts, were on one side a swabian delicacy, schuepfle a pastry with custard and apples, the custard tasted like a british birds’ eye or similar and we couldn’t find many apples in the dish either which it needed to give it a balance. i had ice cream with warm cherry compote. the ice cream was of fine quality, however the cherries did come out of a jar.
in conclusion, the experience was mixed and i can honestly can not give it more than average. would we go back again, not sure on reflection possibly not.

1  Thank sunshineand
Reviewed July 14, 2013

From our experience the restaurant is one that has retained the typical
swabian atmosphere. The food is excellent and the selection of open
wines is very good. Mostly from our swabian Trollinger and Riesling
harvests.We can really recommend any visitors to the Stuttgart area
to pay a visit to this restaurant