“Sylvester menu” 4 of 5 bubbles

Azteca Mexicana
Ranked #68 of 581 Restaurants in Mannheim
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
“Sylvester menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We eat a very good sylvester menu,we need a reservation for 7people, because all tables are reserved, but the service was very good

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Mannheim, Germany
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went to the restaurant on the basis of what my wife had read at 'restaurant-kritik.de' where most of the reviews were fairly positive. I must say I'm a big fan of Mexican food and while I miss the real stuff from holidays in the USA and Mexico, a couple of the other Mexican restaurants I've been to in Mannheim have been OK so last weekend I was hoping we would strike lucky here. I was surprised, given some of the other reviews, but the story starts (and ends) badly, I'm afraid.

No welcoming smile or 'hello' as we came in followed by nearly half an hour wait before we got the somewhat overloaded and confusing menus. The two waiters couldn't seem to speak German (or - not that I was expecting it - English for that matter) and we had a hard time trying to communicate what we wanted. The wine came, eventually, but only shortly after a waitress had brought over our salads... the non-German speaking waiter had forgotten, apparently. Alright, the service wasn't up to much but the set up of the restaurant and atmosphere was OK and the Argentinian wine was pretty good and we were still looking forward to a good meal.

Unfortunately, the disappointment couldn't have been greater. Our salads (Ensalada Aguacate) were rather non-descript and somewhat lacking in the 'avocado department', while, I'm sorry to have to say, the quality of my wife's steak (Filete de Ternera Crespo) and my 'Chimichanga' (Chimi Villa) was really quite awful and definitely not worth the money, especially in my wife's case. To top it all off the mustard-jalapeno sauce with the steak tasted more like it had just come out of a tin rather than having been freshly made. As you can imagine, we didn't stay for dessert and - other than a good bottle of wine - we left very disappointed indeed, which is a shame because we had really been looking forward to it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Simon J
Mannheim, Germany
“Best Mexican Restaurant in the Rhein Neckar Delta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

When you have a hunger for Mexican I recommend this place. We have eaten here now a considerable number of times, and have been always happy, particularly with the service (that is to be emphasized in Germany), the quality of the food, the choices available, and last but not least the prices.
Whenever we have visited the place the service was speedy, friendly, and caring, no matter how many customers were around. The waitresses are always happy to assist you, i. e. to select from the menu, which offers a lot of choices, check the web site to get an idea of the selection available. Service had never shown an attitude unlike in some other places (not so far from here), again I would like to mention it as it is not the standard in good ole' Germany.
The menu offers not only a huge variety of choice, it lets you combine certain dishes to cater for your amount of hunger or desire to try different tastes at the same time. And, at certain times, there are special offers, with considerable reduced prices, check out the lunch menu for example.
That reminds me to mention that the prices charged here I would consider to be very reasonable, in comparison to other restaurants and overall.
Finally a word about the quality of the food, here too, we have been always been pleased. It is tasty, the size of the dishes is fine for all kinds of hunger (for the big bite it is up to you to combine). The taste certainly has an authentic mexican touch, though I am not an expert in Mexican cuisine.
In terms of atmosphere the collection of Mexican decoration does it for me, certainly you might find places with a more refined charme, however the service and the food more than just make up for that.
Became hungry for some Mexican? You now know where to go...

• Visited January 2013