“Great cafe near the platz”
Review of Istanbul

Istanbul
Ranked #56 of 621 Restaurants in Mannheim
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a cafeteria style (think Chipotle) eating, but with some table servers that will help you out.

The food is excellent, and the lines are very long! They do move at a pretty decent pace, but if you are in a hurry I'd check the lineup first.

I had some kind of kebab platter, and it was excellent. Great quality proteins and tasty sauces. I really love Turkish food, and would encourage anyone who hasn't to try it out - this is probably the second or third best Turkish place I've eaten. The food will stick with you for the better part of the day.

Its right in the main platz of downtown Mannheim, which is likely why its busy, but gives you a good excuse to walk around town and walk off your meal.

Be aware there's no bar or liquor license here.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Tasty kebab and good service. The menu was all in german but the vaitor gladly translated and gave recomendations. Plesant location on a square in the centre of Mannheim.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This place is just near my friends house and I ate there several time during my stay. The food is great Turkish food at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The restaurant was very crowded, but the service was prompt and good. The personnel were friendly, and we did not feel harried.

There was quite a big selection on the menu, many of which looked interesting. We ordered two dishes; turkish noodles and eintopf (lamb stew). Both the dishes were very good, the eintopf was fantastic.

Would definitely visit Istanbul again for good Turkish food in Germany.

1  Thank kshanik
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We've eaten at the Istanbul many times, and it's superb every time. A sign of it's quality is that it's crowded almost every time we go. Plan to wait for a table, especially on a Saturday. All the food is extremely well done. We lived in Turkey for two years and this is authentic Turkish food.. Yesterday I had the grilled chicken with accompaniments. The chicken was tasty and moist, not overcooked at all. The bread and humus were also both very good. And, I should add, the service is always friendly and attentive. Give it a try!