“Bit tired”

Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Mannheim
Perth
“Bit tired”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Location fitted in with visiting friends, but is close to train station.
Most fittings were ageing, however useable.
Parking access for the car was a challenge....dont hire a big car.
Room size was good.
Service varied, as we had exeperinced everywhere, mature desk staff...helpful....younger staff....dont think they wanted to be there.....
Grumpy old man I am

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
Almaty
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

The main draw of this hotel is its location right next to the main railway station of Mannheim. Also restaurants and the main shopping street are close, and you get around easily by tram and taxis based at the railway station. The hotel is clean, the rooms nice, the breakfast is good. Just the wifi offering is unacceptable: Deutsche Telekom hotspot charges 5€ for one hour of not very fast internet access.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Alatau0301
gabriele_seidel, Manager at H+ Hotel Mannheim, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Alatau0301,

Thank you very much for your comment about your stay at the Ramada Hotel Mannheim.

We would like to comment the points you raised:

The entire hotel has a wireless LAN connection which is provided by the german company “Deutsche Telekom”. As we do not include these costs in the room rate, we are able to sell our rooms at our best offer.

The noise in the rooms which are located on the main road, is a challenge for our team.
We tried to find a solution in soundproofed windows. Also there is the possibility for our guests to book a room on the backside of the house, which is totally quiet.

Finally we would like to thank you again for your stay and your honest opinion. Criticism, like yours, shows us again how important it is to be in permanent communication with our guest.

With kindest regards

Cluster Manager
Singapore
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I must say that the location and the room itself was nice but absolutely fine but my booking was not registered (even though i had a print out with my online payment) and then they forced me to wait 3 hours to get a room plus they gave me the key and when i was on my way to the room took it back because the room was with better facilities than just single. heh what a service! never in my life have i seen anything like that! absolutely rude! to finish my story - i even had to call the reception one day as there were no towels in the room after the cleaning hehe I find it very sloppy

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SviatlanaSingapore
gabriele_seidel, Manager at H+ Hotel Mannheim, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Sviatlana,

Thank you very much for your comment regarding your stay at Ramada Hotel in Mannheim.
We would like to comment the points you raised:

The fact that your reservation was not found quickly upon arrival is very annoying and we really regret this.

Unforntunately you could not check in in the morning upon arrival as the hotel was fully booked the night before. As our guests can keep their room until 12 o clock on the day of their Departure, an early Check-In was not possible.

My staff and I are looking forward to any opportunity to get to know a lot of guests and we appreciate a personal relation. Even more I want to apologize and thank you for your note, because kindness is constantly to reflect.

We also deeply regret that your towels were not changed during your stay. To be sure, that something similar does not happen again, we spoke to our housekeeper and their staff.

Finally we would like to thank you again for your stay and your honest opinion and we apologize that your stay did not leave the desired impression of us. Criticism, like yours, shows us again how important it is to be in permanent communication with our guests.

Kindest regards

Cluster Manager

Travelers are raving about these Mannheim hotels

Queensland, Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We are originally from Mannheim and have stayed at the Ramada on couple of occasions when travelling from Australia to go "home" .... Whilst the area around the Hauptbahnhof is not the nicest of Mannheim, there is a lot to be said about staying there. 5 minutes walk and you can catch a train to anywhere in Europe. 3 minutes walk and you can catch one of the local trams all around the region (including Heidelberg) and a pleasant 10 minute walk will bring you to downtown Mannheim with the Wasserturm, the icon of the city and the “Planken”, the main shopping street. The rooms were not the most modern, but are nice and comfortable. We had a room on the 4th floor which was surprisingly quiet but perhaps a room away from the main road would be preferable. Buffet breakfast is available at a charge, but to get the real experience, take the walk to the Planken to many of the Bakery/Coffee Shops for their different breakfast combos, usually for less than 5Euro. Rub shoulders with the Mannheimers and enjoy one of the fabulous cakes or pastries at places like Grimminger or K & U Bakery.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank on-honeymoon-forever
gabriele_seidel, Manager at H+ Hotel Mannheim, responded to this review, February 5, 2012
Dear Sirs,

I would like you thank you for your wonderful and detailed description and recommendation of the RAMADA Hotel Mannheim and the city Mannheim. It is very nice, that other guests are well informed where to go, due to your precise information.

Once again thank you very much and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you again, when you will be back on your next occasion.

Kindest regards

Hotel Manager
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Very upleasent staff at the reception. My room was a smoking room which i hate. I wantto change a rom but They told me, that my reservation has no info about non-smoking room and there is no other room. I need to add, that it was a room on 1st floor with windows to the street - very noisy. Breakfast poor, not much choice. I think, the only plus of the hotel is location (very close to main rail station).

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank rafal_kania
Ireland
Reviewed August 13, 2009

I had occasion to visit Mannheim for one night on business with a colleague. We booked two single rooms. The rooms were adequate and clean. There was no a/c however and even with the windows open, it was very stuffy at night.

The buffet breakfast was substantial and catered for all appetite-levels: yogurts, fresh fruit, breads, cooked foods including eggs, bacon, sausages etc, fruit juices, coffee etc.

When we checked out, I paid our bill in full, in cash. I had used my credit card to reserve the rooms but preferred to pay in cash on the day. I was not given a receipt and had to ask for one. About ten days later when I returned home, I received my credit card statement which detailed that I had been charged e100 by the hotel. I rang them up and was informed by staff that I had paid e100 less which is why my card had been charged.

For a start, I had my receipt (which thankfully I had asked for) and also, charging my card without authorisation is illegal. After three phone calls, the staff and management were still insisting that I was in the wrong and I had not paid the correct amount - despite my receipt that said otherwise. On the fourth call, during which I had to threaten going to the Mannheim consumer agency and remind them of the illegality of their actions, they relented and sent me a written apology and refunded my money.

So, beware!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Faversham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2007

I stayed in this hotel for one night at the beginning of October 2007, in a single room, booked through an on-line bookings agency gtahotels.

The single room was small, but I'm only usually in a hotel to sleep so I don't need a huge room. The bathroom was dated, but clean and functional. The room itself was clean and there was a small minibar too.

All staff encountered at the hotel were friendly and helpful.

The buffet breakfast was good with some warm items available such as bacon, sausage, fricadelle and eggs along with the different breads, cheese, cold milk, cereal, yoghurt etc you would expect.

Limited car parking space is available under the hotel on a first-come-first-served basis. There were few people staying with cars on the night of my stay, so there was plenty of space for mine.

There is an internet cafe a few doors down the street, and the hotel is located a few minutes walk away from the main railway station in Mannheim.

On the basis of my experience I would recommend the hotel as a good budget accomodation choice, and I would stay there again should I be visiting the area again.

• Liked — Location, price, breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing negative
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends