“Quiet, central, friendly”

Ranked #23 of 61 Hotels in Karlsruhe
Munich, Germany
“Quiet, central, friendly”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I spent several days there, on a business trip. I was pleased with the location: very central, but on a pedestrian street, with plenty of restaurants and shopping opportunities nearby. The room was quiet, the cleanliness perfect. The breakfast buffet was excellent, the front desk very helpful. A free ride card for the city public transportation system, valid throughout my stay, was handed to me at no price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed February 16, 2014

出門在外,旅人除了自己克服各種不便,還要時時忍受身在異地的差異。這家旅館在鬧區中心, 房間裡的設施齊全,空間寬敞。旅客在房裡有身在家中的幻覺。睡眠的品質也好!早餐應有儘有。咖啡,茶有專人沖泡,非機器供應,口感特佳。早餐水煮蛋新鮮保溫,ㄧ點也不馬糊。要出門辦事,逛街, ㄧ下樓就到。服務人員溫暖親切!是個還會想再造訪的旅館!

It's not a fashion kind of hotel but very warm and comfortable! big space in the room, quiet and good quality sleeping although it's in downtown. Nice breakfast, hand made coffee and tea; even the hard boiled eggs are fresh and tasty - well keep in good temperature! Very good service! good location. clean and thoughtful! will visit it again for sure!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I spent six nights in this hotel, travelling around taking advantage of the "Deutschland Pass" (one-month unlimited travel on all German trains, ICE included, for just 309 Euro 2nd class, or 409 Euro 1st class). The room I got, on the 3rd floor, was on the small side, with a single bed (corresponding to what I booked), but quite comfortable and not feeling cramped. It faced an inner yard, so I could hear very little or no street noise, and slept quite well. It also had free WiFi. What makes this hotel outstanding are: 1) the very nice and friendly staff, who make you feel really welcome; 2) the free public transportation pass, valid for the whole period of your stay, which I found very useful (travel time from the hotel to the main station is about 10 minutes, with a tram every few minutes); 3) the wonderful breakfast, with a wide choice of items, all of very good quality. The hotel is located on a pedestrian zone, and it's nice to stroll around in the evening. Karlsruhe itself seemed to me a pleasant, quiet though not dull, city, well worth a visit. The hotel even exceeded my expectations, and I doubt very much one can find another accommodation in Karlsruhe with such a good quality/price ratio.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cevedale
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed just one night in this hotel in Karlsruhe enroute to Frankfurt. The rooms are large and very clean. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help in any way they could. The shower was excellent and the room very modern. The breakfast the following morning was excellent with lots of choices all very well presented and options were available that were not on immediate display. We were very impressed with everything about this hotel. It is also in a very good location. If travelling to Karlsruhe, go first into the information booth just outside the station. Inform them that you will be staying at a hotel and you will receive a ticket or two free for the tram system. Upon arriving at the hotel, you will get a free pass for the remainder of your visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington State
Reviewed October 30, 2013

A lovely hotel with friendly staff, nice rooms and a fantastic breakfast. Sad that we had only booked one night here enroute from Paris to Frankfurt. Also get free public transport!!! This review has to have 200 characters so what else can i say. THE BREAKFAST IS TO DIE FOR!!! THERE ARE MEATS, CHEESES, BREADS, CEREALS, MILK , YOGHURTS, FRUIT, TEA, COFFEE AND I EVEN SAW A MAN WITH A BOILED EGG IN AN EGG CUP. OH, AND COFFEE CAKES

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marske by the Sea
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Spent a couple of days in Karlsruhe before travelling further south to Austria. Stayed in this hotel with my 15yr old son. Excellent place , great location for the shops, museum and palace all within a few minutes walking distance. The cost of the room includes free breakfast and a free pass for the tram system which is amazing.

The rooms are very well laid out with everything you need we had a room overlooking the busy street but the electric shutters close and no noise gets through.

Staff very very friendly and helpful and speak very good english, much better than my German .

A great hotel in a great city I am just planning my next visit when I will take my wife for a spot of Christmas shopping.

If arriving by train go into the tram ticket office outside the staion show them your booking confirmation and they will give you free tram tickets jump on the tram and get off at Europaplatz from there its a couple of minutes walk to the hotel.Public transport in this place is amazing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Cycle touring we arrived at Karlsruhe unplanned and we were informed of several family run hotels by the Tourist office, and selected this one as it was non smoking and about £75 for two including breakfast and ensuite with shower.
The foyer leads only to lift and stairs as the hotel , on a busy street near the centre , is on the higher floors the ground floor either side of the entrance are shops.
The very helpful receptionist allowed us to view the room and explained the underground car park access where we could store our bikes.
We liked the clean modern IKEA styled room , with firm mattresses and the usual one conical pillow. Few English style drawers though as we found throughout our stays in Germany. Since it overlooked a busy street we were concerned about noise but the windows are fitted with electrically operated shutters ( switch next to bed for ease of access ). Never heard a peep once shutters were down. Also had a wall mounted air conditioner which as was effective on a warm night. Compact but functional shower bathroom clean and modern as the room, good shower power.
With a recommendation from reception we ate across the road at a funky - let us say old hippy style- Italian where we had the chef's special and ate very well.
Breakfast room and breakfast good.
Should I ever find my self in Karlsruhe again - and I never planned to be there at all - I would happily stay at this hotel again.
Karlsruhe was also very nice and before I went I had never heard of it- live and learn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple