“Not recommended”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Aposto

Aposto
Ranked #165 of 671 Restaurants in Karlsruhe
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Innenstadt-West
Origlio, Switzerland
“Not recommended”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Unfortunately I feel like writing a negative review about this restaurant in central Karlsruhe, since I had already 3 bad experiences. I know that there is not nice places to go out in the center of Karlsruhe, but this restaurant abuses of it's location and a fact that it is somehow 'chic'. However, they are cheating with serving very low quality chep food - premodern sauces, watery soups, on nice plates. The restaurant is always full because of the following plusses and because it is believed to be a good restaurant!!
So pluses:

The location is excellent, the place looks modern and clean, and there is the biggest playground for children in Karlsruhe and the area.

Nevertheless, the food is so bad, and the prices for this food so high that I have to give to this restaurant very negative review. I just feel that if nobody writes negative they will continue to serve such a low quality food.

First of all, the food has nothing to do with Italian names they are giving it, which I happened to know very good, but that would not be a problem, since we are in Germany. But there are Italian restaurant in Karlsruhe which are cheaper and much more Italians.
The real problem:
But twice I was served old food. Twice the food was just uneatable, soup was watery and chicken tasteless, and cold with salad served like in a fast food restaurant with a premade sause from Metro. But
Once the ham was so rotten, that it smelled like a dead animal. This time I complained, and they refused to admit it, at first claiming that it's Italian (which is not), and after seeing I happen to be from Italian area, saying that they have tasted it and it was OK. When I wanted to see it again, because unfortunately I have given it to them, they have told me it was thrown away.
So I refused to pay for it, and I said that I will write a bad reviews, which I do. They have laughed about it, since they are always full anyway, the customers don't matter!
Great, so at least I try this way,
Please try another place, where they are honest about the food, after all it is a restaurant!

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
“Good food, not awsome!! Very Nice bar and ambiance”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Thé terrasse is Very Nice in summer. Pizzas are good, the test of the food is normal. You can eat or only go for a drink

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Yummy”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I really thanks my friend from Karlsruhe who suggested this restaurant for me! I can't stop ordering & eating at that restaurant each time I go,, last time the guy who was taking our order asked " guys do you think that you'll eat all this!? " cause we were 3 persons and we ordered like double orders for each! :) can't wait for my next visit!!

• Visited October 2012
Williamsville, New York
“Nice Pizza”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been there once with some friends. I enjoyed their Pizza. We had good time. The staff is very nice and can speak english which is best ;)

Visited November 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Reminds you of Home eating”
Reviewed November 7, 2011