“Indian delight!”

Ranked #218 of 741 Restaurants in Karlsruhe
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Innenstadt-West
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great atmosphere, perfectly attentive staff, and delicious food! Perfect for a calm and relaxed dinner with family, friends or a date!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

high expectations but not up to the mark.
apart from being centrally located. nothing special.
food is ok. do not expect miracles!!!!
ambience & decor is neat.
but the service is extremely PATHETIC. especially the lady who owns it - very RUDE & the waiter is talkative. rambling on rather than getting/serving the food.

nothing more than a 1 time visit, if you must that is.

1  Thank Thundering_Raiden
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is one of two restaurants which I always go to, when I am in the Karlsruhe area. The centrally located restaurant (only three blocks from Ludwigsplatz and the town's pedestrian area), feels like a piece of India in Germany, with its authentic decoration and very enjoyable atmosphere. The service is very good (we are normally served by the nice lady who owns the restaurant with her husband) and above all, the food is amazing!

I normally order one of the set menus that they offer, which are a very fair value-for-money, or I ask them to put me something nice together, so that I can try different variations of Indian food.

The food is very original Indian (something which is unfortunately rare to find in Germany) and the 'Nan'-bread (a must) is always freshly prepared. In the evenings I normally have a good wine to accompany the meals, while in business hours I normally stick with the mango lassi or one of the other typical Indian, non-alcoholic drinks which they serve.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The lamb tandoori is quite possibly the best I have ever tasted, the daal is amazing. It's not the cheapest around, but believe me it's the best.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Had dinner here the other night and ordered Naan bread, Alu Gobhi Masala (cauliflower and potatoes, cooked in Indian spices), and a vegetable Korma (vegetables cooked in coconut/cream sauce). The food tasted quite good-- the Masala was spicy, and the Korma was sweet. The Naan bread was typical, not extraordinary. But we were very happy with our meals. The ambiance was nice. We went for an early dinner on a Thursday night, and it was not busy, with only one other group there. We brought our baby in his stroller, and the host was friendly about seating us. We plan to return again in the future.