“One of the best Indian restaurants in Germany!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Neighborhood: Innenstadt-West
Frankfurt, Germany
“One of the best Indian restaurants in Germany!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is one of two restaurants which I always go to, when I am in the Karlsruhe area. The centrally located restaurant (only three blocks from Ludwigsplatz and the town's pedestrian area), feels like a piece of India in Germany, with its authentic decoration and very enjoyable atmosphere. The service is very good (we are normally served by the nice lady who owns the restaurant with her husband) and above all, the food is amazing!

I normally order one of the set menus that they offer, which are a very fair value-for-money, or I ask them to put me something nice together, so that I can try different variations of Indian food.

The food is very original Indian (something which is unfortunately rare to find in Germany) and the 'Nan'-bread (a must) is always freshly prepared. In the evenings I normally have a good wine to accompany the meals, while in business hours I normally stick with the mango lassi or one of the other typical Indian, non-alcoholic drinks which they serve.

• Visited November 2012

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Wonderful tandoori”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

The lamb tandoori is quite possibly the best I have ever tasted, the daal is amazing. It's not the cheapest around, but believe me it's the best.

Visited September 2012
Karlsruhe, Germany
“Good food, service, and ambiance!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Had dinner here the other night and ordered Naan bread, Alu Gobhi Masala (cauliflower and potatoes, cooked in Indian spices), and a vegetable Korma (vegetables cooked in coconut/cream sauce). The food tasted quite good-- the Masala was spicy, and the Korma was sweet. The Naan bread was typical, not extraordinary. But we were very happy with our meals. The ambiance was nice. We went for an early dinner on a Thursday night, and it was not busy, with only one other group there. We brought our baby in his stroller, and the host was friendly about seating us. We plan to return again in the future.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pforzheim, Germany
“Great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Excellent indian food in a very pleasant environment.

The lamb tikka curry was really nice. Recommended!

Beckenham, United Kingdom
“Good food, good staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Wanting a break from the otherwise fairly poor other restaurants in the area, I was pleased to find this gem - staff are helpful, speak English and provide great Indian food. So good I went there twice during my trip

Visited February 2012