“Stupid Tasty Awesomeness”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Heidelberg, Germany
“Stupid Tasty Awesomeness”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

As I am writing this, I have lived in Heidelberg for almost three years. I have religiously eaten at Vetter's at /least/ once a month, every month of those three years. I have never had a meal I didn't like or a beer that was stupid tasty. My personal favorite dishes are the goulash and mixed meat plate.

No matter the time of year, you're going to have trouble getting a table in the evening. Coming for lunch has never been a problem.

I /highly/ recommend this place for anyone and everyone that visits Heidelberg.

• Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
Heidelberg, Germany
“Gem !!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Honestly, I have never seen this restaurant empty, even on a weekday. The food is excellent. Beer is one of the best in town. Great place for a get together with friends and family.

• Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dunkel Weissen Bitte”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Love the dark beer here. Its got great flavor to it and 1 LTR does me just right. hard to finish the food and the beer butstill great. I have to get together with a few friends so we can order the 5 LTR barrel. Food is pretty good also. Like a few people have said already, service can be a little slow at times

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank PaperClip619
“Great Beir!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in Vetter's for a beer after a full evening exploring the Christmas markets.

This was our first experience in Heidleburg at a beer hall and did not understand the sizes of beer so I ended up with a full liter of the house pilsner, which was great but I was surprised as I expected a pint.

We also enjoyed a portion of cheese, which hit the spot.

I fun crowd and once we understood the size of the beers a good value.

The service was good if you just wanted to hang out with friends and a beer.

Geneva, Switzerland
“Special experience - tasty and fun”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I was there very early on a Friday evening (3 pm) and it was nearly empty, though you could see they were prepping for a big night, with big tables under reservation. I tried all the beers (except for the strong gimmicky beer) and preferred the standard helles. The schweinbrat was very very very good with a dumpling. The duck was dry, but maybe that's just next to the goose. Stick with pork here, drink a bunch of beer and you will be happy. I give it 5 stars because of the chance that we had to sit next to a large table as the audience of an extensive beer lecture and tasting. I could tell the brewmaster (or assistant) was extremely committed to his work.

• Visited November 2012