“a big menu”

Cuisines: American, Sushi, Asian, German, Greek, Mediterranean, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Everybody should find something in this big menu. The sushi is worth a try. But be aware that it is packed on Friday and Saturday evenings. Many people come here to take dinner or to warm up with some drinks before going to the discotheque upstairs.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

When I first read the menu I was confused, so many dishes from different countries, so much variety, that it was hard to chose. Especially if you don't like to eat meat or poultry. We were with a small group, which overwhelmed the staff, however, it was also a Friday night and graduation day. All in all they seem to have the service under control. The food was good: Not great, but just plain simple good food and we all were able to eat according to our preferences.

1  Thank Li_Isings
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I've been here twice now, once on an afternoon when it wasn't so busy and then on a Saturday for lunch when it was. Both times the service was appallingly slow - so don't go if you're in a rush. My friend ordered from the 'pita' dishes and her plate came with fries and not a pita in sight. Pity as the decor if fabulous and the outside seating space is also great.

2  Thank Ann G
Reviewed March 6, 2014

It is my first time at Urban Kitchen, hopefully I will come again in Heidelberg and go back to this restaurant. Good cocktails, various dishes. The waiters brought our food in due time.
Warmly recomment this restaurant.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I visited Urban Kitchen in different occasions (lunch, date, and brunch with friends). In all different visits I noticed the same things:

Food is good, nothing too exciting but fair and well prepared. Drinks on the other hand are a bit pricey... So for example, brunch looks like a deal but then you pay a lot for drinks.

The interior design is lovely, I have been seated in different parts of this big restaurant and loved all of them. They definitely pay attention when they were choosing tables, lamps and so on.

The only consistent problem with this place is the really bad service. Every time I dined at Urban Kitchen, the waitress I was assigned (different ones in the different occasions) was always extremely rude and showing a really bad attitude...almost looking annoyed as she had to take orders. When she made mistakes then of course it got even worse....