“Must have car”

Leonardo Hotel Heidelberg
Ranked #27 of 76 Hotels in Heidelberg
Reviewed October 23, 2011

While you will find this hotel listed for Heidelberg, it is quite a ways outside of the city center. It has conveniently located to major highways, but I did not find access by the local city public transportation. The hotel has an "in need of refurbishing" feel to it - curtains were grayish, carpeting was worn, etc. As a plus though - the bar served nice micro-brewery beers from a local heidelberg micro brewery.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 20, 2011

The only reason we stayed at this hotel was that we had not made reservations in Heidelberg and it was getting late. There is nothing special about this place and the room we stayed in looked rather in need of an update. Nothing was free at this hotel. I can't believe we had to pay for parking considering the hotel was so far away from all the action. Housekeeping was already knocking at our door at 8:30 a.m. Guess they didnt want us to miss breakfast. Yes.... breakfast was not included in the room rate.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2011

In my opinion one of the worst holiday inns I have ever been. The hotel gives a worn out impression, everything looks old. The lobby doesn't give a warm welcome, the bar is not cozy at all (the lady behind the bar is unfriendly), my room (executive one) was old with old furniture, old tv, holes in the curtain etc. I paid 117 Euros, plus 8 Euros for parking and 20 Euros for an average breakfast. For that money you find much better quality/price in and around heidelberg. As a platinium member I have been to some holiday inns (ww), this one is amongst the worst...

Okay, the room was clean, the bed okay etc. But these are in my opiniom standards for this chain.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I normally love the Holiday Inn Hotel Chain. This specific hotel in Heidelburg was horrible. The rooms were dark. No coffee pot, microwave or iron. When I was staying the hotel was under construction and all I heard all day was pounding and hammering. The hotel should have warned me about the construction when I booked.
I stayed three nights. After the first night, the staff moved me to a different room due to the construction. This was frusterating!!!!
On the plus side, the restaurant was Awesome!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2011

One of the few hotels we stayed in that had AC. most of the gasthouses did not. This is a plus. The hotel is next to an industrial park area. it does not feel like quaint germany nor does it have any Charm. The rooms were clean, with AC, nice bathrooms and a very new good quality hotel.
on the bad side, Breakfast, internet, parking , all had additional hidden charges. I checked in around 3 and went to leave. The park gate would not open. Do you want to come an go? oh that is 9 Euro extra. IF you stay there, check in after your dinner elswhere and you can escape the parking charges. Or stay downtown in something really quaint and German.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Better hotels were full so stayed here. Basic room, no hot water or ironing board in room. Can get hot water from restraurant and can order iron and board. Friendly accomodating staff. Not near anything in terms of walking. 5 minutes from main train station, 10 minutes from town. Not near river. Has an some fitness equipment, elliptical, Nautilus wieight machine, bike, suana.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2011

It was a rather typical Holiday Inn experience. Efficient and friendly staff, comfortable and well-maintained rooms, numerous pillow choices on request. I thought the hotel was priced a little on the high side, considering they are not within walking distance of the downtown area and they're charging you for parking.
Breakfast was priced too high for my interest, as was the internet.

Although I had a comfortable stay, if I were visiting on vacation I would first look into competitive hotels in the downtown area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business