If you are not determined to stay in the city center area, the Marriott is a solid choice.
Points to note:
1. Parking is 20 euro per day. I agree this is expensive but it is not actually dissimilar to other hotels in Germany and Heidelberg. The underground parking is convenient to get to elevator into the hotel with in/out privileges during the day.
2. Location is definitely a hike to the Bismarkplatz/Marketplatz areas but options to get there are easy and plentiful. Aside from buses and a tram which I know are available, we took a taxi to Bismarkplatz one day (10 euro one way) and parked at the #12 parking garage another day (5euro). This is especially convenient if you want to visit the castle as the funicular departs from the #12 garage.
3. The service was great. All of our requests were met with quickness and a smile.
4. I did not find the hotel run down. I thought it was well decorated and clean.
5. If you have a club room, the executive lounge is worth it. It provides a very filling breakfast (normally not included in the room rate), cakes in the afternoon, and appetizers/liquor in the evening. Free drinks are also available all day.
6. I do agree that the price of 12 euro per day for wi-fi is poor. Throughout my 10 day trip throughout Germany, this was the only hotel that did not provide wi-fi for free. The Marrioitt should reevaluate this.
All in all, we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Neckar River, the Heidelberg Marriott Hotel offers a seamless blend of traditional elegance and modern comfort. Located in one of Germany's most scenic cities, we boast ideal access to Heidelberg Castle and the streets of the Old Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Heidelberg Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Heidelberg
- Heidelberg Marriott