I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I booked a superior single room but upon arrival was shown to a double room on the second floor, which was nice. The view was spectacular - large windows overlooked the river and bridge. The bathroom was a wet room, which was nice and clean. The hotel is located right in the heart of town and there are plenty of nice restaurants and bars to choose from.
I just have a couple of suggestions for improvements at the hotel:
1) the pillows were really uncomfortable. They were large, square, squishy and flat so I was having to fold them in half to get comfortable, and even then I wasn't very comfortable. Perhaps the hotel could supply some "normal" pillows?
2) It's nice the wifi was included, however the username and passwords were only valid for 24 hours at a time, and could only be used on one device. As somebody who was there on business, I needed Internet on my phone, iPad and laptop! So each day I had to ask for 3 tickets, each of which had a different username and password on (which were random letters and numbers so impossible to remember). And most annoying, it kept logging me out. Probably not an issue for someone not at the hotel on business, but perhaps the hotel could look at a simpler way of supplying Internet?
But all in all, a very pleasant stay and I was sad to leave
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is situated directly in the heart of Old Town Heidelberg opposite the famous Old Bridge. Thanks to its unique location, all major Heidelberg sights can be reached on foot. Most of the 39 rooms offer a spectacular view over the Neckar River, the Old Bridge, and the Philosopher's Walk. All rooms are equipped with either bathtub or shower, toilet, hair-dryer, cable-TV, radio, mini-bar, safe, direct dial telephone, free Wi-Fi and soundproof windows. In addition some rooms also have air-conditioning. The front office is manned 24 hours. An elevator, rooms for the additional needs of handicapped people as well as a free business corner in the lobby including internet access and printer round up the services. The hotel is a non-smoking property. Pets are welcome upon request - additional charges apply. In the mornings you can either have a light business breakfast or enjoy our substantial breakfast buffet offering a variety of cold and warm dishes. For a couple of minutes, to load or unload your luggage, your car can stay directly in front of the hotel. Our front office staff will then show you the way to one of the public garages nearby (additional charges apply). At the restaurant Zum Spreisel in the same building but under separate management, you enjoy regional and international dishes. During warm weather your meal is also served outside on the terrace in front of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Hollaender Hof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollander Hof Hotel
- Hollander Hof Heidelberg