Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$72
Priceline$72
Hotels.com$72
eDreams$72
Travelocity$72
CheapTickets$72
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

I loved this hostel from when I found the front door! Right at the base of the hill leading up to the castle, a one minute walk (if that long) to the main square of the Old Town and cathedral, all surrounded by classical old houses and cobblestoned streets.
The hostel itself seems small until you see further inside. A large kitchen and modest lounge area can be found on the first floor. My room was a 6-bed dorm and had lots and lots of space! The lockers were also spacious and the beds very comfortable. The bathrooms were always clean as well!
Carmen was wonderful! From showing me around and directly to my bed on the first day to giving advice on how to get around town. Always happy help and with a smile too!
Possibly the best hostel I've stayed in - would definitely recommend this place to anybody visiting Heidelberg. It's perfect for location and its services too!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank akyla_alyka
Carmen S, Inhaber at Lotte - The Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Thanks so much for this great review! Was nice meeting you and I hope we have a little time for a chat next time you come to Heidelberg (hope you will one day?). Take care!

Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

This hostel was a pleasant surprise on our inter rail trip as this is one of the only youth hostels in this city. The location firstly was very good, situated very near the market square. The facilities were also great with a living room and kitchen (where cereal and coffee is provided for breakfast). Rooms were spacious and contained lockers for storage, however, our room was quite noisy as you could hear people walking along the street. Despite this, this hostel was excellent and we would recommend the city and hostel to anyone visiting Germany.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 94harrya
Carmen S, Inhaber at Lotte - The Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Hello Harry A,
thanks for your 5-star-review! I´m glad you liked it here! Maybe you stayed on the weekend? Then it´s possible, that people walk up to the castle along the little alley where Lotte is located at night time. Or it was during the theatre festival? Sorry for the inconvenience. Come back one day! Take care, Carmen

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Pros
+ The location is spot on and easy to reach from the main railway station
+ Peaceful atmosphere - good night's sleep is garanteed
+ It is clean and well kept
+ Doing your laundry is cheap - only 2 euros a load!
Cons
- Saying that breakfast is included in the room rate is a bit misleading to me since there are only cereals (and coffee/tea) available.
- The front desk employee seemed to be busy at all times so it was hard to ask for advice
- for some reason it wasn't easy to meet other travellers at this hostel

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Skxjoiu
Carmen S, Inhaber at Lotte - The Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Hello Mari L,
thanks for your review. Sorry the front desk was busy. Usually one of our best features is that we do have time for our guests (it´s top of the list actually). Of course during high season it can happen that there are just too many things to organize. And yes, I´m always worried when reviews say we offer breakfast, because we difinitely don´t! We don´t advertise it anywhere, either. That´s maybe why some guests expect nothing, when they get here and find cereals, milk, tea and coffee for free anytime very astonishing. Which leads to comments as you talked about. In case you come back to Heidelberg again, I´d like to prove to you, that we usually take good care of deluxe customer service. :-) Take care, Carmen

Reviewed June 24, 2017

Just adding to the chorus of positive reviews here. My wife and I stayed here for three nights and it exceeded our expectations.

The hostel is located in Old Heidelberg (Altstadt) right by Heidelberg Castle, and for the price, it is a steal. We stayed in a 5-person dorm, which was very manageable (still, earplugs are a necessity for being in a hostel, so come prepared for when your roommates get up at night). I was impressed by the cleanliness and upkeep of all of the facilities in the hostel, from the dorms to the kitchen to the common space. Free coffee and cereals go a long way for backpackers in a tourist town, and we used the kitchen to prepare other meals too, to save money. The manager takes care of washing dishes and keeping things well-stocked. There's a computer with internet access in the living room that was very useful. And lastly, the staff, particularly the manager (Carmen I think?), are very friendly and helpful.

Other useful info: everyone gets a locker with a lock. The WiFi is good.

Reserve your bed in advance. You won't regret it!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Carmen S, Inhaber at Lotte - The Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Thanks a lot for this great review! I´m happy that you liked everything so much. Was a pleasure meeting the two of you! Come back one day!

Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

By far, this hostel is the best I have stayed in. The location is very good, in the old town and it's a short ride to the centre. The hostel itself is very clean and well-kept. There is a shower/toilet for female only which is great for female travellers. And again, the toilets are all very clean. I saw them cleaning several times during the day. Above all, the owner is very nice, friendly and helpful (I cannot highlight enough how nice she is). I urgently needed to use a laptop when I checked in and since one guest was using the computer in the hostel, she let me used her personal laptop. She is always there when you need her and definitely goes out of her way to help. I highly recommend this hostel! The best indeed!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank tasneemcheytan
Carmen S, Inhaber at Lotte - The Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2017

Thanks so much for this great review, Tasneem! Was a pleasure meeting (and helping) you. Maybe see you again one day? Take care, Carmen