“A year later, and I still crave their pasta.”
Review of Rossini

Rossini
Ranked #183 of 492 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Santa Barbara
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A year later, and I still crave their pasta.”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I visited Heidelberg last summer for one day and was very much craving some nice Italian food. I found Rossini, and decided to dine here.

They have a nice location next to the river, though it is on the other side of the river from the main part of town. It was just a short walk from our hotel room, though.

I ordered their four cheese pasta. I've had similar dishes at many other restaurants, but this one BY FAR surpasses all of them. The penne pasta was cooked perfectly, and these cheeses were divine. It has since been a year since I've eaten this pasta and I still think of it. Looking at its picture makes me so hungry, and makes me want to return to Heidelberg just to eat this delicious meal. Purrhaps I will someday.

=^.^=

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kitteth

“It was good not bad”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We have some italian spagetti, antipasti and beef steak. It was little expensive but the view of the river from the restorant and atmosphere was really good.

Alberta
“Ok, but expensive and slow service”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We found the service to be slow, and I was surprised to be served a glass of beer with the liquid level below the mark on the glass, especially since it took a while to reach our table. The pizza was OK.

• Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“SLOW”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Sat down and after receiving menu's which took quite some time were told that service would be slow due to a busy night. I love the way restaurants cram as many people in as they can in pursuit of the dollar and then make some pathetic attempt to excuse the resultant incompetence of their human resources on factors they can control, i.e. don't take more patrons if you can't deliver the service standard you think your business epitomises...
Service was slow all night. Meals actually seemed really good, tasty fresh and satisfying, although that all changed when i got home with an enormous stomach pain and desire to spend time behind the toilet door..... but my ladies meal was fine, not sure that's an excuse or forgivable tho, consequently i won't be back on the next trip to Heidelberg.

• Visited September 2013
Heidelberg, Germany
“Excellent food and ambiance in Rossini”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

A group of friends visited Rossini recently, and all of us were very pleased with our meals. And, in fact, the service was also very good – especially by German standards. The ambiance, with a view of the Neckar river, was fantastic. I would really recommend this restaurant for anyone who likes Italian food and a little touch of elegance. I also found the prices to be reasonable for the pasta dishes and the pizzas, and the ones we sampled were excellent. Also, the waiters were very friendly and displayed a sense of humor. All in all, we enjoyed this restaurant very much.

• Visited May 2013