“Yummmm!!!”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2016

We always eat here when we are in Heidelberg! It is full of locals, the food and beer are wonderful the waitresses are polite and it is it awesome little restaurant with great atmosphere. You won't be disappointed!!!

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank beth ann h

Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

Visited with family while staying in Heidelberg. We tried a bit of everything. We were two adults and three children (11, 9 and 7). Probably we could have ordered just four dishes and it would have been enough. The food was on time, tasty and the waiter extremely friendly. She spoke English, French and understood a little Italian. We also tried desserts: pancakes Bud Spence style (a great) and some ice cream with hot fresh berries sauze. Definitely a keeper.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 4, 2016

Had a wonderful late lunch/early dinner (at 3 p.m. had nearly the entire restaurant to myself). Tasty cheese/noodle dish and an excellent fresh salad. A local brew to top it off. Reasonably priced.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and it lives up to the ratings. I ordered a salad and it was true German big fresh salad, amazing. My husband ordered the house specialty the pork knuckle, I was picking off his plate because it was so so good! It did get very crowded so if you can go early, or make reservations. We had dinner outside and had out dog with us, our server brought her a bowl of water while we ate. They were very friendly and the wait for food was not long, I loved it!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 28, 2016

The first choice for me in Heidelberg as I'd heard how good the beer was, so I expected big things from the food too. It can get very busy with large parties turning up, but the very professional waitresses seem to be able to cope with pretty much anything. The Jubilaumsbier is first class, and we had this with our meal. My wife chose a traditional dish from Alsace, a flammkuche, which is a little like pizza, which she thoroughly enjoyed. I went for the Weiner schnitzel, which was one of the best I've had, accompanied by pan roasted potatoes - excellent. Can't recommend this place enough

Date of visit: June 2016