“Total surprise”

Ranked #103 of 507 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Slurping is permitted in the Japanese noodle bar MoschMosch in Heidelberg; in fact, this is seen as the correct way to eat one of their many delicious noodle soups! MoschMosch's house special is wheat noodles, Japanese noodles in broth with various added ingredients (typically fish, chicken or vegetables). However, MoschMosch knows how to satisfy all different tastes, and so you will also see fried noodles, rice dishes with meat or vegetables, and sweet dishes on the menu. Children really love the Junior Menu. The MoschMosch in Hauptstraße is a mix of restaurant, food bar and take-away, so is somewhat unique in Heidelberg. You only need to taste the delicious and healthy Japanese specialities once to want to return again and again!
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I could never have expected that I would find my favourite type of curry here in Heidelberg, not to mention executed so well. So it is settled, whenever I am homesick, I'll come here for my curry.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stopped in here looking for s change of pace from German sausages for my gluten-free family. This is a casual Asian themed restaurant with different rice and noodle dishes, which you can get with various sauces, vegetables and meats. It is pleasant inside, light, with tables for 4 and a long central table for larger parties. Our bill for 3 adults with one large beer and several waters came to 44 Euro. Food was easoanbly good, nothing to beat what you'd find in US but still a relatively good value. You can get an English menu. I would say food is above average if a bit shy off very good.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten very often in this restaurant. It's supposed to be a japanese restaurant but it has been adapted into western style. My fav dishes are "Glücksgefühle" (spicy noodle soup with roast pork and veg), Gyoza (fried dumpling) and Pork Cutlet rice with coconut sauce. The lemonade and ice tea are also very tasty. Everytime I eat there, I always get friendly service. Never bored to be there.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Took a night out on my own and tried this small shop. Had a nice dinner. Portion sizes were amazing, a small salad could easily feed two. The rice and chicken donburri was nicely spiced, with a great finish of coconut. Service was good. I would recommend this establishment and hope they come to the states.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Located in the middle of the Main Street, this comfortable and casual restaurant has modern picnic-style tables. I had a spicy ramen noodle soup with chicken. It was a nice change especially if you've been eating heavy for a few days (which I was). Good for a quick and easy lunch. The waiter was very friendly and spoke English. I'm spoiled by very good Asian choices in my hometown, but this was pretty good.