“Truffles” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Schafheutle

Cafe Schafheutle
Ranked #4 of 15 Dessert in Heidelberg
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, Texas
“Truffles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I had a dark chocolate (50%) truffle today, and it was perfect. It was warm outside, so I enjoyed it on my way out the door!! The service was quick and helpful!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Hartford, Connecticut
“Nice atmosphere, good food, great kuchen!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

An American-German friend introduced me to Café Schafheutle on Hauptstrasse in the Aldstadt section of Heidelberg on a daytrip to the city. It was just what we were looking for! A cute café with a lovely garden in the rear (even in the chilly month of January - it is glass-enclosed) and a brightly lit, beautifully decorated interior. We enjoyed kaffee und kochen, and both were delicious, although not quite as rich as I expected (for some people, that may be a very good thing, but I happen to have a monstrous sweet tooth). My salad was fresh and colorful, and the bread was perfectly crisp on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside. My only criticism was that our waitress was rather unfriendly and the staff at the cake and chocolate counter seemed like they couldn't be bothered to help us. Overall, I would give this place high marks, though, and I would definitely return.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice garden...but be patient”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

I came for lunch at approximately 13hrs. There is a nice garden area to eat in as well as tables next to the delicious-looking pastry shop as well as indoor dining. Lots of waiting staff, very friendly. I ordered what was adverstised on the blackboard as the day's special which was potato soup. It took 30 minutes to arrive, and the waitress asked me if I wanted it heated more as it was lukewarm! By that time I was in a rush to go back to the congress so i had it as is. And it was OK, nothing special. I wish I had had the time for a pastry!

• Visited November 2013
Glenrothes
“Best Patisserie in Heidelberg.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed several visits to this wonderful café to partake in the tastiest of pastries, tea and coffee, always served by the most friendly staff.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nuremberg, Germany
“Delicious Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We ate breakfast here and it was fabulous! We had the "tower" of breakfast... a baskets of rolls and a croissant, melon/prosciutto, smoked salmon, cheeses, homemade jam, a soft-boiled egg, fruit and yogurt and more. We bought one extra croissant and it was plenty for two people. Service was friendly and efficient, coffee was delicious and they served it in individual pots so you were not limited to only one cup. This place is almost directly across from the Dubliner Pub. Amazing display case of cakes, desserts and homemade specialties. It was about 20 Euro for two total, worth every penny!

• Visited May 2013