“Lovely Surprise”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Vail, Colorado
“Lovely Surprise”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Just next to our hotel, the Hollaender Hof, is this very nice Thai restaurant with excellent food and good service. We love thai cooking and this restaurant has good variety and large portions. Suggestion is to go early. There was one waitperson on the Sunday night and as it filled up things slowed down considerably.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Pamelavail

Oberoflingen
“Ok Thai, fooled by the restaruant name”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Well with the name Phuket, I was thinking it was a Vietnamese restaurant. We must have come around there afternoon closing time as they were quite rushed to get out of there. Food was ok. Not any better then other Thai places. I am torn on the location. We sat outside right next to the old Heidelburg bridge near the must see "Monkey". When the tourists subsided it was nice but for a while there was crowds and they were pretty loud to all get photos. I wouldn't go again but it was ok.

Wales
“Great Location - Authentic food”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I ate here with a colleague whilst working in Germany, I had been recommended this place by another colleague who is in Germany a lot. The location of this restaurant is perfect, its right next to the bridge that goes across the river and gives you beautiful views across Heidelberg and the castle. Each time I have walked past this restaurant there is a lot of people sat outside, so its good to see it seems popular.
We just chose our own seat outside, the tables and chairs are on cobbles and a slight hill so nothing is quite flat, although this didn’t bother me I did see one table spill drinks because if it.
Lots of choice on the menu, and we were served quickly even though the restaurant was busy. All the food arriving piping hot. It was VERY tasty and authentic Thai food. Also to add to the authenticity you are only given a fork and spoon, as you would be served in Thailand.
Would recommend a visit here if in Heidelberg, food is delicious, location is perfect, service is good and the price is reasonable.

Chicago, Illinois
“Okay Thai, base of Old Bridge.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch ~ 1330, and there were only a few peeps scattered among the 10 tables outside and nada one person inside; more arrived as 2pm rolled closer, however. Service [to order] was slow in fact we hunted down owner inside to order [and eventually pay] but food came after within 10 minutes (had a train time back to Frankfurt so as not to miss last river cruise so couldn't dilly-dally too much). Nothing special about menu, all the standard Thai stuff. I ordered Pad Sie Iew Neua (wide rice noodles with egg/beef) and wife got Lad Na gai (wide rice noodles with chicken in gravy) and they were both okay but not especially noteworthy. Great people watching area and view of bridge and across river (with a little effort) were nice; corner location meant we weren't crammed by neighboring resties or pubs. Ate off lunch menu although larger menu available: 18e with the water. Bathrooms clean, 1e for non-eaters; push hard on Men's room door--thought it was occupied first time I searched but turns out I'm just a weakling. Thai TV on inside which probably means the place is authentic...

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Below average”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I ordered Pad Thai, and it was probably the worst I've ever had... Very little seasoning, and small, rubber shrimp. My husband's dish was a little better, but a very small portion. It's on a very busy pedestrian street, and was practically empty. I wouldn't go back.

Visited June 2013