Boutique Hotel Heidelberg Suites - Small Luxury Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Hotel am Rathaus(Heidelberg)
Hip Hotel(Heidelberg)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsacross the riverthe penthouseold townnon alcoholic beveragesmain buildingdinner reservationsbeautiful hotelworkout roomappointed bathroomgreat boutiquesmall kitchenettegreat view of the castleliving areabreakfast servicesitting roomneckar riverstaff was helpful and friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I was travelling with my wife and 9 years old daughter.
In check in :
Receptionist told me that your booking is cancelled , I was surprised because I didn't do it. Anyway fortunately she told me that the Hotel has a room the same as I had booked. She gave me a code and explained that if you come after 11PM , the entrance door is locked and you should use this code to open it. She was very good with kind behavior.
The Hotel:
It is a very small hotel but it is beautiful.
The Room:
It was a nice Suite with a very good view .But the room service was not good enough , the towels are not changed routinely.
The Ship:
The hotel has a small but nice ship , they spent a dinner on the river , it was great and the staffs are very kind and expert too.
Our story :
2 days after arrival , the director of Hotel , I think her name was Ms.Sabine called a Taxi for us for going to Circus that it was started at 8PM. We returned at 11:20 PM , it was raining and so cold , the entrance door was locked , I used the mentioned code(it was 7565) a lot of times but it didn't work. I knocked the door but nobody was there. I called Hotel but the phone was directed to message mode. what must I do with my family , they were so cold. We thought and remembered about the Ship , I went to the waterfront and found the Ship and a kind guy was there. He rescued us and finally after more than one hour we could enter the hotel. If we hadn't go to the ship before , if we hadn't remember about the ship , if this guy hadn't be there ,.........I didn't know what was happened , however my daughter was cold and she is still sick. Tomorrow morning I explained politely and briefly to Ms.Sabine , at first she told me very relax that they should check the door , after several minutes she told me the code is changed day by day and your code is related to two days ago and it is a misunderstanding!!!!????
I was shocked , she didn't accept their fault , it was enough for me if she said apology , even one word in spite of she took a taxi for us and she knew we were going to Circus and came back late.
If she accepted their mistake , I am not writing this story now because I believe that the faults always accrued although it was a big one.
Honestly it was the first time that I met a hotel in Germany with this kind of manner and style.
Check Out: The day after we wanted to check out , I had a train ticked so I asked Ms.Sabine if it is possible we had a late check out around 4 PM , but she told me it is not possible because the room is booked for other guest , so I checked out at 11:30 AM , I told to the receptionist that our luggage are in the room and we go to the city and we will back around 4 or 5 PM , she told me don't worry , we kept your luggage in the hotel. When we backed to the hotel about 5 PM , Ms.Sabin saw me and told me you should check out now? She wanted to remind me that I should check out at noon , in fact she didn't know that we checked out before , and the other interesting thing that our luggage were still in the room , and the room had not occupied yet .

The major problem that the people in the hotel changed time by time and it seemed that none of them explained about what happened in their turn.

Now frankly I thank you for all of them for their favors and kindness , surely they tried their best , I am not sad but I should express my complain and hope they can improve the customer service quality.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank khoeiny
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Traveled with my wife and 2 boys ages 8/10. We inquired for best room (quiet and plenty of space) for our family and they fit our request. The location is right next to main bridge into the old town. Ideal for quiet and break from crowds and terrific walking path (Poets walk?) behind hotel and some nice boutique (non-touristy) shops and restaurants on this side of the river. Staff was extremely gracious and the design and comfort and style-awesome. I highly recommend this hotel and frankly would re visit the city just to stay here. The city met our high expectations and this hotel made it a very memorable trip. The dinner cruise is worth it and for the quality of service and quality of food-a terrific value. Even if you do not stay here-you should do this. Thank you Nardos for your friendly service and smile on the Patria-request her as your waitress-although all staff was very good. We had a 2 room suite that was spacious. The place is not inexpensive and frankly does not need to be-you get what you pay for as this is a splurge hotel if you usually do not pay or are use to these rates. Breakfast was not great but ok. Upstairs seating area for an early pm drink was quiet and very pretty. I would not recommend staying in city center-it is a 5-10 minute pretty walk. The castle grounds-should be explored and you should take a picnic.

Room Tip: ask hotel which is best for your needs
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ouburke
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed 3 nights in mid-July at the Heidelberg Suites, on an upper floor suite where the sofa bed doubled as the night bed for my teenage daughter. The hotel is tastefully decorated and we were warmly welcomed when we checked in. However, you do feel the hotel is run somewhat like a family business and lacks the professional assurance of an established hotel. We were given minimal introduction to the facilities of the hotel on check-in, we came back at 4pm one day and our room was still not made up, toiletries were replenished only by explicit request and our car was brought back to the hotel parking lot on check-out day despite my reminding them the night before. To be fair to the hotel staffs, they do try but I think they are somewhat under-staffed for the turnover they are getting. Heidelberg is a small town and most guests are staying 1 or 2 nights so everyday a high percentage of the rooms have check-in or out. As far as I can tell there are only 2 front desk staffs plus one cleaning lady that does all the work. We
would have enjoyed the living room of our suite much better if the sofa bed is folded back for use as a sofa during the day and only laid out at night. This would be standard procedure at any other up market hotel but not so at the Heidelberg Suites. The air-conditioning was one of the main reasons we chose this hotel and it worked perfectly but only for the bedroom.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kenneth C
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband and I had a short 2 night Frankfurt, Germany stopover and decided to stay in Heidelberg. We are so glad we did and extremely happy we chose the Heidelberg Suites. Where else can you have this incredible view of the Heidelberg Castle from your bed!
Our suite #6 had a juliette balcony from both the sitting area and the bedroom with a view of Heidelberg Castle from both. All the rooms have some view of the castle plus the Old Bridge. The suite has a fridge, glasses, coffee/tea maker, plates, utensils - no microwave but a small cooktop. Our suite had a large walk in closet. The bathrooms a very bright and a good size - robes and slippers provided. The breakfast is served in the lovely living area of the main building and was very good. There is a roof top terrace with fantastic views, a workout room, hot tub and gardens in the back (also with views). The hotel offers bicycles or will take drop you off on the golf cart. The location is so great you just walk right across the Old Bridge into Old Heidelberg, we never used a taxi. We also walked in the evening to dinner and felt quite safe (it's so close). Try the Goldener Hecht directly across the bridge for dinner outside. We took the Lufthansa shuttle from the airport which drops you at the Crowne Plaza and then the Heidelberg Suites limo picked us up from there and was just a short drive away. The staff was just wonderful and spoke English very well. The Heidelberg Suites has the feel of a 5 star property and I just loved it! Wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elante
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Probably the most comfortable, quiet, unfussy and relaxing hotel I've ever stayed in. It's small, intimate, clean and very tastefully decorated. The staff are less like staff and more like your extended family- in fact the feeling is as close to being home from home as is possible in my view. Give it a try... it's not cheap, but it's worth every penny. You won't be disappointed.... unless of course your usual standards and expectations are in the Billionaire class!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business