Hotel Central Garni
No availability for your dates from our partners
Adler(Triberg)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfree parkingthe main streettrain stationcommercial buildingwalking distance to everythingno frillsbalcony facinggreat positionhotel signfriendly helpful staffstreet levelbed was comfortablemarket placeexcellent stayfree breakfastrecommend hotelgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This hotel is on the top floor of a commercial building. That was okay with us but it may be hard for some folks to find.

Pluses - Location; Easy parking. Two blocks walk to the waterfall. Restaurants nearby. Nice and efficient staff. Good value. Clean rooms. Breakfast was okay.

Minus - Location. It can get noisy in the morning if you want to sleep in. Towels do feel a bit old.

Room Tip: Tell the receptionist upon checking in that you want to go to the Waterfall. She gave us a coupon and I think we saved $1 or 2.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gail T
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Highly recommended!!
I was travelling solo for the first time in Germany this past December. I arrived in Triberg with no room previously booked (I was nervous!). I went to the Tourist Office, and they picked out three hotels for me to check out. The first one I came upon was Hotel Central Garni. It was located right in the center of town! It was inside a corporate-type building, and up a few floors, but when I opened the door to the hotel, I instantly felt at home! The lobby was cozy, cute, and comfortable and decorated for Christmas. I was greeted by two women who were very friendly. One spoke English well and told me all the details, but then she left me with another woman who didn't know as much English, but made an obvious effort to communicate with me (and I made an effort to talk to her in German, too!). I decided to stay right away!
The room was very spacious for one person, which was nice! It had a private bathroom with a shower, and a beautiful view of the town!! (Triberg has very steep hills that make for gorgeous views!) There was free parking behind the hotel building. Breakfast was included, and it was a delicious buffet spread! I felt very safe there. I would definitely return to the Hotel Central Garni, and recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank NYCLady90504
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for Christmas Eve and Christmas.
Of course we arrived triberg on the Eve and all the shops were closed so we decided to just rest and relax in the room. We really enjoyed the spacious room and it was clean and neat. TV provided , free wifi.

There was free parking for us at the back of the hotel as It was the holidays which was a bonus to us. The hotel is located above a bank and just 30 seconds you will reach the 1000 clock shop and another 30 seconds to the waterfall entrance. Location wise was really good.

The lady that helped us to check in was friendly and always answered our questions.

Breakfast is included in the price paid which was really worth it. The breakfast was the standard German breakfast. It was nice to have fresh breakfast every morning that was prepared by a lady who was always smiling and making sure there was enough food for everyone to eat.

We got a room that faced the mountains/forest and houses which was so pretty. Also the windows are insulated well and so you can't really share much noise from outside. But the moment you open the windows, you will be sure to hear the sound of the waterfall.

We were very happy with our stay here as it felt like our little German home.

Bring your own shampoo and conditioner as only soap is provided.

Maybe the pillows could be more firm.

Other than that, a place to stay.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank alijanst
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Hotel garni is located strategically in the center of the town.It is about 600m walking distance from the train station which are mainly uphill.
The hotel is on the 3rd floor of a office building and elwvator provided.
We came in late but the staffs were all ready with the checkin form partially filled with my name and details.
Just had to sign and the friendly staff showed us our room.
Also provided us with maps and a voucher whichallows you to use bus number 7270 for free, free entrance to waterfall, discounted price to museum and free train rides.However we couldnt use this much as our trip was short.Its good if you are planning to stay for 2 days.
As for the bus, evenrhough free, its a bit unreliable as their timing is out and very infrequent.
Hotel was very cossy and we had a huge balcony which opens up to the front of the building.Nice town view from the balcony.
Breakfast was very good.Superb hot chocolate prepared by the staff.
Very friendly and approachable staffs.
Enjoyed my stay there and just wished I could have stayed a bit longer.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank mahendrans75
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here 1 night while visiting the Triberg area. I didn't have much trouble finding the hotel because I had read TA reviews which came in handy. Near the bank entrance there is a very small elevator which takes you to a somewhat dark lobby area. I was concerned when I got to the lobby however a very friendly & helpful young lady showed us to our room which was surprisingly nice. The location can't be beat for a visit to the waterfalls for which the hotel gives you a free pass. Several restaurants within walking distance. reasonably priced. My rating would be between average & very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple