“Quaint Hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Triberg
Hotel Restaurant Pfaff
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Triberg
Reviewed September 16, 2008

We have just come back from a trip around Europe. We started our trip by a stay in this hotel. I was a little bit wary as I have read some very mixed reviews on this hotel. However we were very pleasantly surprised. We had a room with a balcony which was great for sitting and watching the world go by with a glass of wine. The room was small but adequate and the bathroom did need updating, but it was clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good. I can highly recommend the restaurant. We travelled round Europe for three weeks and the best meal we had was in this restaurant. Overall we had a very pleasant and relaxing stay here.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 6, 2008

My family and I just returned from a short weekend trip to the Black Forest, and we set up camp in this Triberg hotel. Below are the pros and cons:

CONS
*There is no place to load/unload your luggage. The hotel is situated on a busy street, so you either have to park on the sidewalk in front of the waterfall entrance, or find street parking nearby and unload.
*Our room contained dated, mismatched furniture. The bathroom was the size of a closet and very dark. The shower curtain was very moldy.
*There was a miscommunication regarding the number of beds needed in our room, and the staff was very rude about it. Please beware, if you only need a double room and are given a triple, do not use the extra bed, or you will be charged for another person (in this case, 23 Euros extra per night). We were travelling with 2 babies, and we let our 2 year old use the twin (3rd) bed. Our other option would have been to have her sleep in our bed with us. We were unaware that we would have to pay extra to have her sleep in this extra bed. FYI: Baby beds cost 8 Euros extra.
*The restaurant's food is so-so.

PROS
*The outside appearance of the hotel is very cute. The restaurant ambiance is nice, and the breakfast room is very quaint. (Breakfast is included in the price, and includes cold cuts, cheese, cereal and yogurt.)
*You can't beat the location, if you want to stay in Triberg. It's right in the center of the main road and is right across the street from the entrance to the waterfall.

Overall, my husband and I would not recommend this place. We thought, "Oh, it's relatively inexpensive, so we can get over the room. And the bathroom. And the food." But, all-in-all, when you are treated with disrespect, it ruins the entire experience.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2007

On arrival, the hotel did not seem to be expecting us but I had brought a hard copy of their email confirming the booking, so no problem.
The hotel is very conveniently situated in the centre of Triberg, and fortunately has an adjacent car park for guests' use. The position is good for the waterfall, the Black Forest Museum, and numerous well signposted hiking trails.
Our room was small, but comfortable and clean, and the nicely furnished TV/lounge areas available for guests provided a good environment to sit/read/relax etc.
We ate in the hotel restaurant four nights out of our six night stay, but would happily have eaten there every night, such was the quality of the cooking and the range of the menu.
Herr Pfaff and his family were friendly, and we enjoyed our stay here very much.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2007

I am an American living in Germany. We travel quite a bit. I planned this particular vacation 6 months in advance to show some visiting family a very special time. Even though I booked our rooms 6 months in advance, was required to fax my credit card information and even telephoned to ensure all was in order, they informed me in a most disrespectful manner that I certainly had no reservation when we arrived. We arrived at an appropriate afternoon time and were "greeted" in the most unfriendly manner I've ever experienced on my travels. To add insult, there is no convenient parking place at the hotel, even to drop off baggage. It is on a very busy street, directly adjacent to one of the many waterfall entrances....When I produced a copy of my e-mail room confirmation, she managed to find a room to show me, however it was not the deluxe balcony I had reserved and in fact resembled nothing at all represented on the website. It was a stale, mis-matched, cramped, dismal and loud with street traffic little room - offered to me for the same price. I left the hotel and found a beautiful accomodation with more amenities elsewhere in the town-for less money. There are many to choose from. If this is a once in a lifetime trip and you enjoy some common courtesy, skip this hotel, there is plenty to find elsewhere in the town.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank kellym314
Reviewed July 13, 2007

The location of the Hotel Pfaff is excellent, directly across from the waterfalls. However, the town of Triberg is very touristy and expensive compared to other southern Germany destinations.

The breakfast room was beautiful, and breakfast was good though the staff was missing after you received your coffee (excellent coffee!) and you had to fend for yourself. Our room was pricey but was clean and nice. The common areas outside our room were rather worn. We were disappointed when we did not receive the balcony room we reserved (and confirmed with a credit card) because we were only staying for one night.

Overall, this was a nice stop but would have been much nicer if we had been treated in a friendlier and more welcoming manner.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2007

We stayed at this hotel in June 2007. The hotel's location is excellent. Our room had a small balcony with a view of the waterfalls across the street. The room rate was very reasonable which was good since our room and the public areas were very worn and run down.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coroad
Reviewed May 12, 2007

Hotel Pfaff was a fantastic and rustic stay. It is definitely family-run, but efficient. It is situated right across the street from the lower waterfall (Wasserfall) entrance. The patio is perfect for a late afternoon beer and the food at the restaurant was one of the best we had in all of Germany.

The room was very clean, albeit small, and ours had a balcony facing the waterfall. There is public parking up the street and the hotel is also adjacent to the Haus of 1000 Uhren.

The bathroom was a bit small but still functional. We walked around the town and I'd recommend this hotel over some that are higher up the hill. The others had a modern 1970s feel instead of the rustic Pfaff feel.

The breakfast was amazing! Fresh baked goods, local jellies...fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple