Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
$140
No prepayment needed
dirlady
New York City, New York

Lovely & Welcoming

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 4, 2019
My family travelled to Triberg with friends as a last stop on our tour of Germany at the end of August. We were so delighted to have chosen this hotel! The family run staff was very welcoming, the rooms were large and clean with excellent views. Ours had a balcony which overloooked this fairy tale village. There was quite a vertical climb to get up to road to the hotel from the town, but it was very manageable for all in our group and we easily took in the sights of Triberg including the waterfall and the many cuckoo clock and wood craft shops. The included breakfast was large with lots of options and the dining room was reasonable and very enjoyable for dinner. Tables were available outside to take coffee or just sit and enjoy the view. And my kids enjoyed the indoor pool. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area!
Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Responded Sep 4, 2019
Wow, what feedback! Thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate your stay here in Triberg so much! A review like yours is a great compliment to us and shows us that we are on the right track. On behalf of all employees, I extend my sincere thanks. If you have further questions and wishes, we would be pleased if you tell us these. I would be very happy to welcome you once again here in our Black Forest residence, and thank you for your recommendations. Until then, I remain, with best regards, Georg H. W. Wiengarn and the whole team.
  • eDreams
      $110
    0.4 miles from Best Western Plus Hotel Schwarzwald Residenz
    1.3 miles from Best Western Plus Hotel Schwarzwald Residenz
    View more hotels in Triberg
    All reviews black forest parking garage big hill nice swimming pool enjoyable stay excellent hotel lovely town big room hotel is located waterfall germany bw valley playground euro establishment
    Selected filters
    Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

Visited this hotel with a group of motorcycling friends.
    Everything was excellent and far exceeded our expectations
    The view is breathtaking rooms are large and very well appointed
    Breakfast is varied and high quality
    Evening meals are great
    Secure parking is available under the hotel
    There is an indoor pool and Sauna.
    Most possibly the best hotel in Triberg

Date of stay: July 2019
    Trip type: Traveled with friends
    Georg_H_W_Wiengarn, Inhaber at Best Western Plus Hotel Schwarzwald Residenz, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2019

Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

What a fantasic hotel with stunning views from the room balcony and the terrace,
    Rooms wer massage an spotless i just wish we had booked to stay longer
    Breakfast was buffet style an a great range and selection was on offer, parking was underground, cool and secure so we wer very pleased with that
    All in all a brilliant hotel that we would highly recommend 👍

Date of stay: June 2019
    Trip type: Traveled with friends
    Georg_H_W_Wiengarn, Inhaber at Best Western Plus Hotel Schwarzwald Residenz, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate your stay here in Triberg! A review like yours is a great compliment to us and shows us that we are on the right track. On behalf of all employees, I extend my sincere thanks. If you have further questions and wishes, we would be pleased if you tell us these. I would be very happy to welcome you once again here in our Black Forest residence and thank you for your recommendations. Until then, I remain, with best regards, Georg H. W. Wiengarn and the whole team

Reviewed June 4, 2019

The view was fantastic! The breakfast was amazing! There were resources to inform us about what was available to see in the area and bus schedules to help us get to them. I would have loved to stay longer just to enjoy the view from our balcony and the area.

Date of stay: May 2019
    • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with Best Western
    1  Thank Wantstogoplaces
    Georg_H_W_Wiengarn, Inhaber at Best Western Plus Hotel Schwarzwald Residenz, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

Reviewed April 25, 2019

We stayed in a family room at the Best Western Plus, and I'm so glad we did. The hotel room had two rooms and they outfitted the living room with two twin beds for our young girls. There was a balcony that had a beautiful view of Triberg and the Black Forest. The staff were very nice and even got us a wine bottle opener and two wine glasses to enjoy one of the bottles we had purchased in Alsace the day before. We enjoyed our wine on the balcony while our girls played in the playground outside.

There is an indoor pool, but we neglected to bring bathing suits on our trip, but it looked cute. Many other children seemed to enjoy it.

The breakfast was wonderful - one of the best we had in Europe. Fresh fruit, homemade jams (try the sour cherry - it was delicious), hard and soft-boiled eggs, Black Forest ham, and delicious breads and cheeses.

Something we didn't know that we wish had was that you are required to pay a few Euro for a guest pass, but it's good for entrance to the Triberg Waterfall and the Triberg Land. We didn't know this and paid separately to go to the waterfall. Oh well. Also, it may seem like the hotel is far from town, but there's a shortcut and it's only a five minute walk down the hill. The parking is free on the street (something we also wish we had known before we got a parking ticket for parking somewhere verboten downtown!!).

We only wish we could have stayed in the Schwarzwald longer.

Date of stay: April 2019
    • Trip type: Traveled with family
    Georg_H_W_Wiengarn, Inhaber at Best Western Plus Hotel Schwarzwald Residenz, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

Dear Stephanie, thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate your stay here in Triberg so much! A review like yours is a great compliment to us and shows us that we are on the right track. On behalf of all employees, I extend my sincere thanks. We are very sorry about your traffic ticket down in the city. If you have further questions and wishes, we would be pleased if you tell us these. I would be very happy to welcome you once again here in our Black Forest residence and thank you for your recommendations. Until then, I remain, with best regards, Georg H. W. Wiengarn and the whole team

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

Room - great room with plenty of space and a good sized balcony. A beautiful view from the balcony. Good bathroom facilities.
    The bed was very comfortable and plenty of seating options in the room.
    A safe was in the room.

Food - the dining room had a great atmosphere. Breakfast was plentiful with a good variety. Dinner was excellent. The Perch fish was so good I had it on both nights if our stay! Delicious desserts - Creme Brûlée and Lemon Sorbet with Blue Curaçao and mint were excellent.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Parking was available under the hotel for a small cost.
    Location- great location. Just a short walk to the town centre, waterfalls and forest tracks.

WiFi was good.

Overall we had a great stay here and would have stayed longer if we could.

Date of stay: April 2019
    Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Georg H. W. Wiengarn