“Shame”

Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shame”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I have been on this restaurant because good reviews looking for a salad "Nice" to take on to go. I was in a hurry and I have someone in hospital asking for such type of salad he previous eat there. I was refused with any kindness by the waiter and the cook even told them that I have my recipient. Maybe restaurant policy but it have not be appreciated by me.

York, United Kingdom
“Better on the inside....”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The outside is not pretty and it has a genuine UK (except for citizens of Kingston upon Hull) red elephone box - no windows or phone! It is located in a residential area on the southern edge of the town and clearly caters for locals.

Inside it is very atmospheric and if it hadn't been raining dining out on the terrace would have enhanced the experience ten fold due to the view.

All the staff we spoke to spoke embarrassingly impeccable English and helped us through the menu.

Visited September 2013
Horizon City, Texas
“Cozy”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My family (Hubby, our 9 year old son and myself) had a late lunch at this restaurant while visiting Freiburg. The grounds were very peaceful was pleasant and the food was quite tasty. We were a little nervous as none of us are remotely fluent with our German, but our server was more than patient and very helpful despite the language barrier. Fortunately his English was good enough to assist with our order. The atmosphere was very laid back, friendly and casual. The food was served in rather large portions at very reasonable prices. Our lunch totaled 32 Euro and included a pork schnitzel, spinach lasagna, and a cheesy noodle type dish from the kid's menu along with 3 Cokes.

• Visited April 2013
Milan, Italy
“nothing exciting, after all”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've been to Schlosscafe four times this summer. In fact, I lived right next to it, and I enjoyed the atmosphere. I also kept going hoping for better food next time. But no: the biggest delusion was the apple strudel. Advertised as the special for the week, it was a small slice from an industrial frozen apple strudel with some second quality vanilla ice-cream and third quality whipped cream. Just go to enjoy the atmosphere and the location, and don't expect too much from the food. The brunch might be better, though I haven't tried it.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank kosj
LowLands
“3 totally different breakfasts on sunday morning with a smile and a view”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Located on top of the Lorettaberg a nice walk from downtown Freiburg is this restaurant. It's a very historic location. A castle, and a French fort topped this hill. Kings overlooked battlefields from here and now you can a have here a wonderful breakfast on Sunday morning. We took a table inside because it looked like rain. Outside there is a large terrace with a beautiful view(s). The friendly waitress was nice and helpfully. The menu was also nice and complete. Again it was asparagus Season so there were some extra dishes to choose from. We skipped those and opted for a French breakfast, a healthy one and a Farmer's breakfast. All 3 nice and tasty. Bram (our 6 year old) got some extra nutella instead of honey with his one. The price was
also very okay and we liked the place and the surroundings, we'll be back next time!

• Visited May 2012