Schwarzwaelder Hof Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Gasthaus Lowen(Freiburg im Breisgau)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Kreuzblume(Freiburg im Breisgau)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zum Roten Baeren(Freiburg im Breisgau)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Oberkirch(Freiburg im Breisgau)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Rappen am Muensterplatz(Freiburg im Breisgau)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Markgrafler Hof(Freiburg im Breisgau)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Alleehaus(Freiburg im Breisgau)
View Hotel
Hotel am Rathaus(Freiburg im Breisgau)
  • Breakfast included
City Hotel Freiburg(Freiburg im Breisgau)
View Hotel
All reviewsold towntransit cardtravel passclassic roomtwo singleswriting deskcentral locationwould definitely stay here againnice breakfast buffetright directionpublic parking garagetrams and busescharming hotelfamily run hotelyogurtchurch bellsnoise from the street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We ate in the restaurant twice, and both times the quality of the food and the price were superb. If you sat long enough and watched how meticulous they set the tables, it was like being transported back in time to an era of gentility. Precise table settings with great attention to details, and all handled with "white gloved servers". We stayed in the annex, and it was not that far to walk for a very lavish breakfast each morning. A very well run family establishment with pleasant staff who were more than happy to answer all our question. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Annex rooms were very modern.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nan2012_12
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stopped by Freiburg to visit friends from the Freiburg-Madison sister city group and wanted a central location for dining and for meeting up. I hadn't been to Freiburg in about 6 years and the Schwarzaelder Hof filled my needs perfectly. I stayed in the annex so my room overlooked Konviktstrasse which is covered with beautiful foliage. I was traveling by myself and this room was well suited for one or two people. My friends had a place picked out for supper but I would of had many choices right out my door! I didn't allow myself enough time in the morning for the complimentary breakfast, so I'm not much help on reviewing that.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kendall S
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My fiance and I just stayed at the hotel for three nights on our trip through Germany-- it was a great location and a nice room. The hotel is close enough to the train and a ton of restaurants, but the street was low key and quiet at night. The service was excellent and it was nice having breakfast in the morning. The hotel is very clean. The downside is the lack of internet in the room-- you can access wifi in the hallway, but it didn't reach the room. I would absolutely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John C
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We just stayed one night and got rooms on the second floor. Furnishing is a bit outdated but rooms were very clean and well maintained. No problem of noise despite the pedestrian street below, nice view on the roofs and the nearby forest from the window, rooms and bathrooms were not huge but ok and very clean. We had a very pleasant stay there, people very amiable, speaking different languages, lift available for access to the floors. Parking was quite close so really convenient stay. Nice breakfast buffet in the restaurant. We will go there again if we return to Freiburg (nice interesting town by the way).

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor were nice but less luminous than otehr pictures seen on this site.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We only stayed one night at the Schwarzwaelder Hof but wished it was longer. The updated hotel rooms were very nice and the elevator made taking our bags to the third floor much easier, although we still had to manage a few stairs to get there. The hotel is only a few blocks from the cathedral and the rest of the old town Freiburg, which is very walkable. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast had a good selection. There was an attached restaurant but it was closed the night we were there (Sunday).

There's no parking at the hotel but there's a public parking garage behind it with a back exit that leads to the hotel 50 yards away. The hotel can give you a chit so the cost is only 10 Euro per day. The hotel is on a narrow street with no clear area where to park during check-in so contact the hotel for directions on the parking garage and how to get to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple