“Nice local food for an acceptable price in central location”
Review of Schwarzwaelder Hof

Schwarzwaelder Hof
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The restaurant is right in the centre in a nice steeet. Surroundings are agreeable, normally rather quiet. The food is not exciting, bit of decent quality, well worth the price if one takes the favourable lovcation, nice interior and good service into account. A good place to go for a quiet meal of local food in the city centre.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were in Frieburg for a conference and this was recommended by the local staff. It was a great recommendation. The food was excellent and very affordable. They give you a fresh tasty salad free of charge before your meal. I had a mixed fish plate (not fried) cooked beautifully, and we also had a very good orange risotto. The presentation of the food was also beautiful, I wish I had took a picture. I highly recommend it and if they have a special take it, because it comes with soup and dessert. One of the best meals I've eaten and we still talk about it even months after so I decided I should write this review.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at the hotel and after several nights of walking by the restaurant and seeing it packed with patrons every time, we decided to check it out for ourselves. And we were definitely not disappointed. The food was traditional German and excellent. Favorites included the spätzle and the potato soup. If you are in Freiburg, make a reservation and check it out!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Both of these are a must try . Would have like a top sheet for when it's really hot, hard with just a duvet, gorgeous streets and shops

Reviewed November 14, 2011

This is your typical German cuisine restaurant at its best. The atmosphere is traditional, warm and cozy. The waitress was friendly and helped with explanations and descriptions. The menu had a wide variety of foods to pick from. You do need a reservation, and it filled up while we were eating.

I ordered a Vegetable Plate and the boys ordered Turkey Salad plate and Fish boiled with potato and salad. Everything was delicious, the ambiance was relaxed and comfortable and wait staff were very helpful. I would definately eat at this restaurant again.