We were very disappointed with the Park Hotel Post. After reading wonderful reviews we selected it over others in the area. Since we planned to stay in Freiburg for one week, we looked forward to the high expectations we had developed around this property. However, we found that reality is far different than reviews seem to reflect.
The standard hotel rooms are very small for American standards. The tiny quarters make it hard to find a place to set your luggage or even relax in the room aside from the small beds. The beds are very low to the ground and the mattress is covered with a plastic sheet and then just a top cotton sheet and duvet. No bed padding at all! If you move around at night at all, the bottom sheets come undone and you are left atop of a plastic cover - yuck!
The bathroom is tiny as well. A grown adult can barely fit in the shower stall. If you turn around while in the shower you are likely going to hit the temperature adjustment lever and get a blast of either hot or cold water. Very disconcerting every morning. Be ware of the soap in the bathroom, it is a liquid industrial strength blue jell which leaves your skin so dry that it begins to ache! No shampoo or conditioner provided nor bath bar soap!
The breakfast is ok but not what you would expect. There are nice boiled eggs but the scrambled eggs seem to be made from a powder. The buffet runs low on items and when they are replenished it is scarce. We waited 15 minutes for more sausage to arrive and when it did there were only 4 small sausages added to the buffet!
Additionally there is no real lounge area in which to relax at any time of the day. All the common areas are used for breakfast tables, leaving no place to read a paper in the evening other than your tiny room.
Across the street is the Victoria Hotel which is a Best Western. After a few nights at the Park Post we decided to inquire about rooms at the Victoria and even toured a few. All their rooms were much higher standards, even their standard room was far superior at the SAME PRICE. The hotel itself even has a lovely lounge area and many amenities, including a sauna. The hotel is in a grand building with high ceilings and posh details.
Skip the Park Hotel Post and go across the street to the Victoria!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the middle of Freiburg near the Colombipark, despite the city bustle, guests will experience its quiet, naturalistic setting, a haven of peace and relaxation. Guests can unwind in the tastefully furnished rooms during their stay at this hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HRS, Priceline, Hotel.de, Orbitz, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Park Hotel Post reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hotel Freiburg Im Breisgau
- Park Hotel Post Germany/Freiburg Im Breisgau, Baden-Wurttemberg