Stayed in the Intercity in Freiberg in August for 6days/5nights. Room was available on arrival (about 1.30pm), checking in was no problem. The room and bathroom were very clean and there was a tv in the room, showing a variety of UK, USA and European channels. No tea/coffee making facilities in the room though.
Breakfast was ok - there was a selection of juice (orange, tropical and mixed) and a full range of tea including: english breakfast, earl grey, green, mint, camomile, and different fruit flavours. The server at breakfast asked if we wanted coffee and a large coffee pot is available.
There was a choice of 4 cereals, including hot/cold/soya milk. Fruit and salad plates, cheese and ham/salami plates, bread, croissants, spongy sweet cakes and biscuits. There were 6 varieties of yoghurt, and a selection of jams and honeys. Also there was the option to make toast and hot food included: boiled or scrammbled egges, sausages, bacon.
Breakfast is availble 6-10am weekdays and 7-11am on weekends.
Good points: The hotel is great for transport links. The airport bus terminates right outside the hotel in the bus station, so it is very convenient and easy to find after travelling! The train station is behind the hotel - either turn right from the enterance of the hotel to go to the platform or go left and enter through the main train station entrance. The tram line is to the right of the hotel - it has access to lines 1 and 3. Trams are very frequent, every 8-10minutes. Great location for walking into the center of the town - only 5-10minute walk....or just jump on the tram for 2 stops! Also with your stay you will recieved a FREE transport card so you can use all the public transport you want during your stay for free! This card saved us about 30euros during our stay!
Negative points: The benifit of being so close to all the transport links is that it is not the quietest of places at night. We had the window open because we went during the heat wave (35degrees in the day and 225 at night!) and we could hear the trains and trams and cars, but we both still slept ok, just the first night took abit of getting used to. Also the room does not have any air-con so it is very warm, we did go during the heat wave so it was extreme temp, but i would imagine even in normal summers it would be quite warm!
On the check out day we were able to leave our luggage in the room and recieve a numbered card in order to collect our luggage later that day.
Overall it is good value for money as it includes transport (great if you want to explore the beautiful surrounding area of Freiburg and the black forest)!
Would definatly stay there in future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterCityHotel Freiburg is centrally located, the main station is situated just next to the hotel. The nearest motorway junction is a mere 5 km from the hotel and it is 60 km to the Airport and the Exhibition Centre in Basle. After a sumptuous breakfast in the InterCityHotel Freiburg set off to see the highlights of the city free of charge by local public transport using your FreeCityTicket which is included in the price of the room. Freiburg has much to offer - in addition to the Augustinian Monastery and the famous square in front of the Freiburg Minster, you can also reach the city centre comfortably by bus and tram for your shopping tour. The InterCityHotel Freiburg has 152 modern furnished rooms, a restaurant and a hotel bar. All 7 conference rooms in the recently renovated InterCityHotel have daylight illumination, modern conferencing technology and air conditioning. The rooms can be used both as conference rooms and as rooms for groups and accommodate up to 75 guests. For all InterCityHotels concerned the usage of the WLAN is free of charge up to 256 KB/s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, HRS, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterCity Hotel Freiburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercity Hotel Freiburg Im Breisgau
- InterCity Hotel Freiburg Germany/Freiburg Im Breisgau, Baden-Wurttemberg