Stayed at the Novotel in Freiburg at the beginning of August and the location is very central. It is right across the train station and along a very busy road.
You can walk from the hotel into the Altstadt and explore (very convenient).
They have a parking garage and it costs 14 Euro per 24hours to park.
The room is spacious and clean.
The beds are European style (1 duvet cover and 1 lousy flat little pillow for each person). Wish they would have had at least one more pillow on the bed.
The bathroom was great. Nice, clean, big, tons of space to put your stuff down. You get 1 towel per person. We probably could have asked for more, but we didn't.
I would say the hotel is a good average hotel. Nice and clean.
During our stay Germany suffered from a heat wave. The room had supposedly A/C but one couldn't tell. We had it on, but it did not cool or blow.
So we had to open the windows at night to get some cool air in. It was so loud and noisy from the train station and busses etc. Didn't have the best sleep at the Novotel.
Don't have the expensive breakfast at the hotel. If you walk to your right into the Altstadt there are lots of great places to have breakfast and they are much, much cheaper too.
During one night the fire alarm went off at the hotel. All the people rushed out and waited in front of the hotel. It smelled burned in the lobby. The fire dept. and police were there quickly. We had to wait a little outside (max. 45 minutes) before we were allowed to go back inside. We never knew what burned or what happened or heard any stories about it from the staff at the reception.
Freiburg is a great place and yes I would come back to this hotel if I had to. I was very clean and very central to walk everywhere - especially to the University and Altstadt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Freiburg Am Konzerthaus is located in the heart of the university town of Freiburg. With 219 rooms, a terrace, eight meeting rooms and direct access to the Konzerthaus convention centre, this 4 star hotel is perfect for relaxing or concentrating on work. Unwind with our swimming pool, sauna and beauty treatments. Business travellers and holidaymakers appreciate our central location, opposite the ICE train station, 60 km from Basel International Airport with an easy connection to the A5. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Freiburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Freiburg Hotel Freiburg Im Breisgau
- Novotel Hotel Freiburg
- Novotel Freiburg Im Breisgau
- Freiburg Im Breisgau Novotel
- Novotel Freiburg Germany/Freiburg Im Breisgau, Baden-Wurttemberg