We stayed for 4 nights as part of a European road trip.
When we first checked in we were informed there were only smoking rooms left. As non-smokers and from the UK where all hotels are non-smoking it wasn't something we'd thought of and were a bit gutted about. With no other option we checked in.
The smokers rooms are on the top floor and as soon as you left the elevator the smell hit you. Our room itself wasn't too bad, you couldn't really smell it, and was a huge room with big windows overlooking the city. The air con is absolutely rubbish so the room was stuffy, and being on the top floor and unable to have the windows open in a fixed position, they clattered and swung open and closed with the wind when open, so we couldn't have them open at night. I went to reception and they were really sympathetic, knowing there was nothing they could do there and then I was promised a room change the next day, which we got. I had one really bad nights sleep in that stuffy smoking room but the staff really were great about it.
The non-smoking room was a lot smaller, like half the size, but was furnished identically with the same awful air conditioning but no smell :) yay! I had 3 much better nights sleep!
My hint would be to put a note when booking requesting a non-smoking room. Although if you're not bothered about the smell a smoking room is much bigger!
Anyway the hotel itself is lovely. It's quite amazing how the air con in the foyer is super rate but then in the rooms it's so bad it might as well not be there. Well located for the train station and a 10 minutes walk from the beautiful old town. Didn't try the breakfast, we just ate out every day for cheaper. A good stay overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Freiburg Am Konzerthaus is located in the heart of the university town of Freiburg. With 219 rooms, a terrace, eight meeting rooms and direct access to the Konzerthaus convention centre, this 4 star hotel is perfect for relaxing or concentrating on work. Unwind with our swimming pool, sauna and beauty treatments. Business travellers and holidaymakers appreciate our central location, opposite the ICE train station, 60 km from Basel International Airport with an easy connection to the A5. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Novotel Freiburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Freiburg Hotel Freiburg Im Breisgau
- Novotel Hotel Freiburg
- Novotel Freiburg Im Breisgau
- Freiburg Im Breisgau Novotel
- Novotel Freiburg Germany/Freiburg Im Breisgau, Baden-Wurttemberg