“Market stalls galore”
Review of Munsterplatz

Munsterplatz
More attraction details
Owner description: This town square, built next to and named after Freiburg's famous cathedral, is still a major center of the city's social activity.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Cathedral is surrounded on three sides by daily market stalls - some selling fruit and vegetables, some selling gifts etc. A busy area, which also contains several good cafes/restaurants.

1  Thank dandjNotts

Reviewed April 27, 2013

All of the best sights, sounds, and smells of Freiburg can be found in this space. When I walked through on a Friday at around 11 a.m., an outdoor market was in full swing, packed with flowers, cooked meats, pastries, and other items for sale.

I wandered through for about 20 minutes, and throughout my day in Freiburg, I kept finding myself back to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I bought a Freiburger lange rote for lunch, which to my American eyes looked like a very long hot dog folded in two and shoved into a hamburger bun. I ate every flavorful bite.

1  Thank sweetbippy
Reviewed April 6, 2013

What a wonderful atmosphere pervades here. There were people selling interesting handcrafts and throngs of people shopping and enjoying themselves. There was quite a long line of people waiting to but a sausage from Peters sausage van. We lined up too and were not disappointed. Extremely tasty sausage, with onion in a good bread roll. Excellent afternoon tea.

1  Thank ozrick33Sydney
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is the area where I usually go shopping.I esp. love walking around here on a sunny Saturday while checking out small and big shops. .The music coming from buskers in every corner with various talents and instruments is really fantastic.Today, I come across a band of 4 members playing such a lovely folk music.Kids also get entertained by this amazing old man playing his instrument while a group of his more or less 20 music sensitive- animal toys move, seemingly performing a concert.The Munstermarket has a variety of handcrafts,flowers,spices,fresh vegetables,fruits and meat ,and etc.I treat myself a yummy sausage sandwich from one of the food stalls while walking around and I suggest ,you do the same :) Being inside the marvelous unfinished Cathedral gives a feeling of being taken to the past...as in the pre-war period. After 9 pm, the surrounding area of the Munster is dark and quiet but ironically, one won't even think that right next to the Cathedral , a strip show happens at a bar underground ,esp on Fridays.Surprisingly,many locals don't even know this!

1  Thank eden r
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Has a great market and all the buildings surrounding are really beautiful especially the cathedral! Most are from the 1200-1500s!

1  Thank Tbkmama