“Good beer and fun hanging with locals.”

Hausbrauerei Feierling
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We came here for the beer and a light meal. Had two different soups...noodle and goulash...both very tasty. Had the black forest ham with horseradish and it was very good. Excellent place to stop after the hustle and bustle of the crowded Freiberg streets. We ate downstairs at a bar table overlooking the little river. Very relaxing and fun to hang out with the locals. Kids loved the big pretzels.

If you want to sit and eat, you may want to make a reservation. The upstairs eating area fills up fast at lunchtime.

1  Thank Konatravelers

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Ordered a pork schnitzels and 2 beers (1 light and 1 strong). All are fantastic! The beer is very smooth. I like this place! Do visit for the beer if you have time, relax and enjoy the beer!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Food here is very good, they serve great Schnitzels, steaks, pork knuckles etc, and there are some great tasting beers.

The atmosphere is great with all the beer kegs, and brewing machinary on display. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been in Feierlin twice to eat and many times for its beers.
The beers are excellent, the best I've drunk in Freiburg so far.
The food is also very good, but relatively cheap... Although the place is very big, it's always full, but you can just wait 10 minutes or so for a table to get free.
I will definitely go there again and I would reccomand it

2  Thank Laura C
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I do not like beer and would not normally drink it but this place has converted me. I have no knowledge of beer but whatever they do or however they make it, well..it tastes amazing. This is a very nice and relaxed place. All types of people come here from young locals to older tourists and I think everyone seems comfortable and made to feel welcome. The food is typically German. Some of it is heavy and hearty but you can also order lighter dishes. They have an English menu so you can have an idea of what you are having. I prefer to take a gamble and guess. It did not pay off last time as I ordered a sausage salad and received that literally! I was a bit emotional over my poor judgement and they kindly exchanged my dish. A plate of shredded sausage with a few bits of pickles. Instead order sausages with a side of kraut or frites or a salad with bread.

1  Thank Sarah K