“A nice stay at this hotel”
Review of The Alex Hotel

The Alex Hotel
Hsinchu County, Taiwan
“A nice stay at this hotel”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Last week, I stayed 5 nights at this hotel for a conference. The people were nice and breakfast was also good. The hotel location is very easy to access from the main train station and to go to the old town within a walking distance in 10 minutes. The staffs were very helpful and gave me all useful information I needed. Therefore, I got to see a beautiful lake Titisee, to ride the cable car in Schauinsland, and to climb a high tower in Schlossberg. Those were wonderful experience during my stay in Freiburg. Since the hotel was closed in the end of October, I moved to another hotel at the day for my last stay. Unfortunately, this new hotel did not provide the service of WiFi. So, I went to Atalanta for my flight check-in. Alex was kind and tried helping me to get access the Internet. He treated me a beer and we had a good talk at that time. He has a lot of ideas in improving and renewing the Atalanta hotel which will be re-opened with a new name of ALEX HOTEL after about 6~8 months. Thus, you will see a whole new hotel at the same place with better facilities and service in the coming next year. If you have a chance to visit Freiburg, don't miss ALEX HOTEL and it could be better choice for you.

Kuochi 2013.11.04 @ Taiwan

Room Tip: Choose the room not face the road.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_Atlanta_FR, Manager at The Alex Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Kuochi,

thank you for for being our guest and your review here on TripAdvisor. It was great having you here and getting to know you.
If you should come back to Germany, please stop by our The Alex Hotel to see the renovation and improvement.

Alexander Beinert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Atlanta last week and were pleased with the general experience. Our room was a little cold (spartan, even) but clean and neat. Our bathroom, on the other hand, was spectacular--almost out of keeping with the bedroom. The morning breakfast buffet was wonderful, although I would have liked a soft-boiled egg rather than hard-boiled (but now I'm being picky). This hotel will soon be redecorated from stem to stern so it will undoubtedly be more expense after the re-do. Not exactly a bargain right now but not unreasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Atlanta_FR, Manager at The Alex Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Joannafrancis,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for posting your experience here on TripAdvisor. We are glad, that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to our newly renovated The Alex Hotel starting in May next year.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed twice for several days in June in this small, comfortable hotel, which is a 5-minute walk from the train station in Freiburg. It is family-run, and we were welcomed by the owner, Alexander Beinert, who was always very friendly and helpful. (For example, he helped us order a pair of shoes online, which my wife had found in a downtown store, which did not have her size.) The staff was friendly, and the continental breakfast excellent. The room we occupied was small, but comfortable, and the wifi was free and worked well. We understand that the hotel will be closed for remodeling in the fall of 2013 and will reopen early in 2014 under a new name (Alex, as I recall). We will definitely stay at this hotel again on future trips to Freiburg.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RJohnnyC
Hotel_Atlanta_FR, Manager at The Alex Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear RJohnnyC,

Thank you for your two stays with us and thank you for your comment here on TripAdvisor. It was wonderful to meet you and it pleases me that you enjoyed everything with us at Hotel Atlanta Freiburg.

I hope the shoes still fit and look forward to welcoming you back next year in the new "The Alex Hotel".

canterbury
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just spent four nights in Atlanta hotel in Freiburg and had an excellent stay with my partner Sam. Alex the manager was friendly and so attentive of all his guests and nothing was too much. Although the room was hot ( you cannot prevent sun!) we had a fan and the room was spacious, clean and comfortable and very quiet in spite of near location to station. The breakfast was great value for money and varied and healthy. We had free internet access, unusual for hotels these days, and we had use of a fine umbrellal during the rainy periods! In short an excellent hotel with friendly and kind service. We wsih Alex and his team the best for the future and hope to stay in the new refurbished hotel next year.
Anthony Clarke ans Sam Terry

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anthony452
Dear Anthony and Sam,

thank you once again for your recent stay with us and thank you for your kind comment here on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed yourselves and happy to see that you returned safe and sound back home again.

I wish you all the best and look forward to welcoming you back in May next year in "The Alex Hotel".

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Just stayed two nights in August. This is a nice, neat, clean hotel. The staff are very pleasant and helpful and speak excellent English. The rooms are slightly dated but clean and neat and the beds comfortable. The breakfast is very generous for 5 euros. The Train station and old town are within 10 minutes walk Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank LondonSkattebol
Hotel_Atlanta_FR, Manager at The Alex Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear LondonSkattebol,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for your comment here on TripAdvisor. We are happy that everything was to your satisfaction.
Just to inform you, we will be renovating the hotel from November 2013 until the end of April next year.

We would love to welcome you back in our newly renovated hotel then called "The Alex Hotel" with air-conditioned rooms and public areas, as well as a bar - just to name couple of our new features.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed July 1, 2009

I've stayed at Hotel Atlanta on three separate occasions, and it is one of the few Hotels I've visited in Germany which I can unequivocally recommend. The location is quite excellent; somewhat close to the train station, but just far away from it as to allow a quiet night's rest. The staff is friendly and to my experience, will go out of their way to help their guests. The breakfast is top-notch. High-speed internet connection is a plus. Additionally, there is a Deutsche Bahn departure schedule in the ground-floor corridor, which can save you a walk to the train station. The pool is not the largest, but nice and well-kept. The rooms are also quite nice. Last time we stayed, the Hotel had begun to renovate some of the rooms with the most up-to-date technologies (new LCD TVs, showers with multiple spigots, etc).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank WhiteyNord
Hotel_Atlanta_FR, General Manager at The Alex Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear WhiteyNord,

Please accept my apologies for the extremely late reply to your kind comment. In May this year a new era of the family run hotel began.
I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we will be performing major renovation works from November until the end of April 2014 and that the hotel will then reopen with a completely new product.
We would love to welcome you back again.