“Good for weekend !!”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have been to Tacheles twice and on the weekends they have a nice dance floor and offer a nice ambience to hang out with friends and talk.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

On a recent foray into the Black Forest my partner and I spent a few days in the delightful city of Frieburg..which I would thoroughly recommend you do if you are planning a trip to this beautiful region of Germany. On are first evening in town we had two things on our minds..a refreshing beer and a tasty schnitz. It was rumoured that Tacheles served up several varieties of the succulent pork dish..and by jove..looking at the menu outside the 'price' as the late Leslie Crowther would say, was certainly 'right'..less than 8 Euro's for a large schnitzel and all the trimmings..why 'yes' we thought..let's give it a whirl. Tacheles interior seemed refreshingly laid back and more of a bar than a restaurant. We fingered the smoking part of the establishment to eat in as we were on holiday we were both relaxed and tabbin' it old school. I would like to point out that the smoking and non smoking parts of the restaurant are entirely separated. We both plumped for Tacheles signature dish..the schnitzel,one with hollandaise and the other with swiss cheese. They were both tender and rather yummity yum :) the side salad I must also give a nod to..as its was fresh, crunchy and smothered with a superb creamy dressing.
On the following evening we had to take shelter from a vigorous downpour and we found ourselves in Tacheles again for a crisp Riesling and a few ice cold shots of Jäger..and with a final bill of just 16 euros for all beverages consumed..well you really could has knocked us sideways..what a marvellous find this place really is.

1  Thank MWWorth
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Tacheles was the place i stayed nearly every weekend the last 5 years. But as i changed so the Tacheles did. I got older and Tacheles younger.
The audience changed, as it was known as place for students runned by former students, it is now more or less a joint for all kinds of guest but from my point of view the quality dumped.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've been to the place for a couple of times and I've always been impressed with the bartenders' customer service.It happened only once that my group was served by a frowning waitress.There's a wide variety of schnitzel to choose from and I assure you that you'll leave that place totally stuffed as every schnitzel menu(on a big plate) includes a separate plate of salad for a total of only 5.90 euros. My favorite is "Jägerschnitzel with Champignon Rahmsoße and Kroketten ." Drinks are priced separately though.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you like steaks and miss a good steak with french fries then this is the restaurant to go. In the city center, a great service a great food