“Still Perfect”

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Baiersbronn
New York
“Still Perfect”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Our third visit to Bareiss was just a perfect as the first, and we have already reserved "our" room for Christmas 2014. We say "our" room as we have stayed in the same suite every time - we love to light a fire and play Christmas music while relaxing in the evening. We were again treated to a wonderful evening at the Morlokhof while the Bareiss family celebrated the holiday season with a special evening for all the staff at the hotel. The Morlokhof is one of the oldest and best conserved farmhouses in the Upper Murg Valley. It was a splendid night for those going to Morlokhof and a wonderful time for the staff at Bareiss - a huge win win for every one and a demonstration of the care for both the staff and the guests the Bareiss family shows.

There are not enough superlatives for the room, the food, the sauna, the staff - they are all perfection. If you are going to Europe from the US and expect to have easy access to fast food places, and for everyone to speak perfect English, this is not the place for you. If you want to enjoy the finest in German hospitality then this is the place, and most of the staff do speak very good English so there won't be any problems.

We took side trips to visit Christmas Markets - great fun and highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HannesBareiss, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear guests!

You enjoyed your Christmas time here at the Bareiss – that is the most important fact for all of us, my father Hermann Bareiss, the entire Bareiss team and me. Thank you very much for your kind and friendly words.

Your laud and recognition mean a lot to us, because every day we try to achieve the best for all our guests and customers. It is not always easy, especially at Christmas time. We, my father Hermann Bareiss and I, know quite well that our staff is unique and it is very important for us to say “Thank you” for this commitment. A special evening, such as you describe it, is our duty and we are really glad that most of our guests can accept our decision to spend an evening with our crew. Your lovely words concerning our Morlokhof make us a bit proud and we feel honored of having the chance to present to you an unique Black Forest farmhouse ensemble with all its history and charm.

We look forward to welcoming you again here in Mitteltal in December at the Bareiss. Until then, I would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and send my best wishes and greetings.

Kind regards

Mitteltal, February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cologne Germany
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This hotel was "simply perfection" and the very pinnacle of outstanding service, comfort and splendid food. I spend over 100 days every in very good hotels all over the world but I believe this is the ultimate of what can be achieved.
If you wish to be truly pampered then Bareiss is the place to go

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HannesBareiss, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear guests

Sometimes it only needs a few words to make one beam with joy and pride – and so did you with the words you found to describe your days at the Bareiss. Thank you very much for your laud and your recognition, also in the name of my father Hermann Bareiss and the entire Bareiss team. We were really delighted about your evaluation.

We might not have Caribbean flair or the outstanding impression of the Rocky Mountains, but we have the Black Forest with its wonderful and unique landscape, fresh air, hiking facilities and many ways spending your time with leisure activities in a healthy and moderate climate.

So if you wish being pampered again and experience true recreation, we will be glad welcoming you again here with us in Mitteltal. Until then, I say “Auf Wiedersehen!” and wish you and your loved ones all the best.

With best regards

Mitteltal, February 2014
Reviewed January 28, 2014

As one can conclude from my reviews, I'm kind of a hypercritical and captious customer. My captiousness emphasizes the "perfect" rating I'm giving to Bareiss.
It's an outstanding European resort, brought to perfection in every detail from the location to the unique culinary experience.
I can hardly find words to express the level of service, the quality of food and the atmosphere in the hotel.Bareiss provides a particularly remarkable combination of old school service with the state of the art premises.
A couple of tips
- The hotel is not inexpensive, but it is excellent in terms of price/value ratio. Worth every penny.
- Pool and sauna are not to be missed. I used to be in many European wellness hotels, Bareiss is truly unique
- Book their gourmet restaurant. It's a kind of a once in a lifetime experience

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HannesBareiss, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear guests

Sometimes, it takes only a few words to make other people lucky. After reading the first lines of your evaluation, I was so happy to find out that you enjoyed your stay here with us in Mitteltal and I would like to express my deep gratitude to you. With a smile on my face I forwarded your laud to my father Hermann Bareiss and the whole Bareiss-Team and I can assure you that everybody was really delighted about it.

As a hotel for three generations, the Bareiss should be a haven of peace and quiet, relaxation, pleasure and escape from the everyday bustle. A place of which one thinks with anticipation before the doors open and one enters the very special and unique Bareiss world. A place of which one is happy to reminisce when one sets off again towards home.

Also in the future, we will continue our efforts of being your favorite holiday home and give our best to fulfill your expectations – in the name of hospitality and welcome.

Looking forward welcoming you again soon, we wish you and your family all the best and send lovely greetings from the Black Forest.

With best regards

Mitteltal, January 2014
Paris, France
Reviewed October 31, 2013

From the very minute you arrive and luggages and car are taken care of to your last moments on the premices, the stay is amazing.
The property though dated in its architecture is fully renovated and state of the art everywhere.
The rooms have bathrooms with balneotherapy and Japanese style lavatories - Ask for Mountain side rooms if possible 51
The food - quality and quantity wise left me flabbergasted. The breakfast is absolutely huge with eggs done for you on the spot, pancakes and waffles, sausages (eh ! this is Schwartz Wald !) but also cured meats and salmons and the list goes on and on - Diner is off the charts with choices from 3 different meals and of course you can choose what you want and mix all of them - Cheese buffet matches those of the greatest French restaurants. The service is competent, friendly and incredibly efficient. Most of the girls speak some French and english on top of their German.
The Spa is simply fantastic with 3 different saunas and 2 hammamns - Multiple inside and oustide "bubble" baths - Sea water pools inside and outside - great massage (ask for Matthias) and treatments - fabulous rest areas with waterbeds, free smoothies and sorbets.
Outside the hotel the area is a real hiker's paradise with short of 600km of trails in the surrounding mountains...
The cake under this icing is the reasonable way the whole experience is priced. For around 200€/day/personn this 5 Star resort is yours to experience in Half Board. This isn't cheap by any standards of course but still a good 40 to 50 % cheaper than most 5 star resorts in Europe.
Oh! and I forgot to mention there is a 3* Michelin restaurant on the premices...
This was our first visit to this paradise - I hope to enjoy plenty others
Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear guests!

The most beautiful part of our work is being awarded with your laud and recognition. Thank you very much for lovely words which I proudly forwarded to the entire Bareiss-staff. It really is a great joy to us, my father Hermann Bareiss, the team of the Hotel Bareiss and me, being able to enthuse our guests the way we were able to enthuse you.
A good day starts with an even better breakfast. Thank you very much for your fair-minded words. Also in the future, we will try our best to enthuse you with the typical and unique Bareiss breakfast buffet.

Right from the beginning of the story of the Bareiss, it was a very important fact for my family to create a “holiday home”, not just a hotel. With our latest renovation concerning the new Pool and Sauna environment, we decided to create a new oasis for our guests – and the work will go on! As we still have a lot of ideas to be put into practice. Being a place for our guests where they can feel like being at home, having the opportunity to relax and enjoy our special arrangements in a very special atmosphere, surrounded by the beautiful nature of the Black Forest, is our motivation.
Hopefully, we will have the opportunity welcoming you again here in Mitteltal someday and being your holiday hosts again. Until then, I would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and wish you all the best.

Mitteltal, November 2013
Dalllas
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Just spend 4 days at Bareiss. The food was off the charts good and the service impeccable. The property is old but fully renovated and up to date in every manner. A once in a lifetime experience! I hope to go back again sometime soon.

Room Tip: Your will likely gain weight while there!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear guest!

With great joy I read your lines concerning your visit in our Hotel Bareiss.
Laud and recognition are the greatest form of appreciation, also for us. We are really delighted that you enjoyed your visit in the Black Forest and that you gave us the chance being your hosts.

Once again I would like to thank you for your lovely words and I wish you all the best for the future, in which we hopefully meet again.

Mitteltal, October 2013
Reston
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We drove from Paris to the hotel - we were massively tired and were able to check in early. The room was lovely (number 51). The pool and spa facilities were quite nice. While we were only here for a night, I would definitely return. If you should go, go to the room called the Bar - it is a fun place to have a drink.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear guests!

I was really delighted to read that you enjoyed your time at the Bareiss. Thank you very much for your pleasant evaluation.

Your lovely words are the best motivation for us to keep up our efforts and to give our best every day again to make the Bareiss your holiday home.

We would be really honoured to welcoming you again and being your hosts – and maybe you will have the chance to stay longer, maybe for some days, to experience and discover all our special features and the beautiful scenery of the Black Forest.

With my best regards,

Mitteltal, October 2013
Cheshire
Reviewed July 31, 2013

On our first visit to the Black Forest, I trawled & trawled on the Internet looking for a hotel I hoped I would feel happy with. Well this hotel surpassed mine/our expectations. When we arrived we were greeted with a huge smile (from everybody) balloon and freebies for the children and check in was quick and efficient. We were shown to our suite which was at the front of the hotel. Very spacious, perfect for 2 adults and 2 children. Immaculately clean, lovely furnishings, great bathroom, separate toilet, dressing room, lovely large terrace. We ventured straight away to the pools. They are amazing, I loved the wild pool, the kids loved the waterside and the top pool with it's jets pushing you around. The Evening meal was fabulous, nothing was too much trouble. Great Wines, Cocktails and again very personally touches that set this hotel way above any I have stayed in throughout the world. Breakfast was amazing. Lunch by the pool fab. Attention to detail and customer service is top class.
For children of all ages there are lots of activities planned daily, so they'll never be bored and you can have some me time the fabulous Spa.
I really can't say enough about this hotel, apart from go and visit for yourself.
Well Done Hotel Bareiss, you have a beautiful hotel. This is the start of our annual visit to the Black Forest!!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank EMMAJOJO
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear guests!

Such wonderful words are most welcome and I would like to thank you for that very much. I am very happy to notice that you and your family enjoyed your time at the Bareiss and had the time and the opportunity to make use of the Bareiss Beauty & Spa facilities and that you were able to enjoy yourselves and to have some wonderful leisure days here in Mitteltal. Thank you very much, also in the name of the Bareiss-Team, for your laud.

Hiking, bike riding, Nordic walking – individual or guided – the Black Forest offers diversified leisure time activities. At this point, I can just mention that I am really happy having the Bareiss located in the Black Forest.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity welcoming you again here in Mitteltal next year and being your holiday hosts again. Until then, I would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and wish you and your family all the best.

Mitteltal, 2nd August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baiersbronn
Hotel Traube Tonbach
Hotel Dollenberg
Hotel Dollenberg
#1 of 14 in Bad Peterstal-Griesbach
Nationalpark-Hotel Schliffkopf

Been to Hotel Bareiss? Share your experiences!