From the very minute you arrive and luggages and car are taken care of to your last moments on the premices, the stay is amazing.
The property though dated in its architecture is fully renovated and state of the art everywhere.
The rooms have bathrooms with balneotherapy and Japanese style lavatories - Ask for Mountain side rooms if possible 51
The food - quality and quantity wise left me flabbergasted. The breakfast is absolutely huge with eggs done for you on the spot, pancakes and waffles, sausages (eh ! this is Schwartz Wald !) but also cured meats and salmons and the list goes on and on - Diner is off the charts with choices from 3 different meals and of course you can choose what you want and mix all of them - Cheese buffet matches those of the greatest French restaurants. The service is competent, friendly and incredibly efficient. Most of the girls speak some French and english on top of their German.
The Spa is simply fantastic with 3 different saunas and 2 hammamns - Multiple inside and oustide "bubble" baths - Sea water pools inside and outside - great massage (ask for Matthias) and treatments - fabulous rest areas with waterbeds, free smoothies and sorbets.
Outside the hotel the area is a real hiker's paradise with short of 600km of trails in the surrounding mountains...
The cake under this icing is the reasonable way the whole experience is priced. For around 200€/day/personn this 5 Star resort is yours to experience in Half Board. This isn't cheap by any standards of course but still a good 40 to 50 % cheaper than most 5 star resorts in Europe.
Oh! and I forgot to mention there is a 3* Michelin restaurant on the premices...
This was our first visit to this paradise - I hope to enjoy plenty others
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family and holiday hotel set in the middle of the Black Forest, in which three generations can feel at home and spend their holidays. A whole range of possibilities for wellness benefiting both body and soul: from gourmet gastronomy to Black Forest snacks, from the Bathing Environment to Bareiss Beauty & Spa, from attractive living right up to leisure time programmes. Experience the genuine hospitality which makes Bareiss what it is - a hearty welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Bareiss reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bareiss Hotel Baiersbronn
- Hotel Bareiss Germany/Baiersbronn, Baden-Wurttemberg