“Amazing property!”

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Baiersbronn
Dalllas
“Amazing property!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Just spend 4 days at Bareiss. The food was off the charts good and the service impeccable. The property is old but fully renovated and up to date in every manner. A once in a lifetime experience! I hope to go back again sometime soon.

Room Tip: Your will likely gain weight while there!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear guest!

With great joy I read your lines concerning your visit in our Hotel Bareiss.

Once again I would like to thank you for your lovely words and I wish you all the best for the future, in which we hopefully meet again.

Sincerely yours

Mitteltal, October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reston
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We drove from Paris to the hotel - we were massively tired and were able to check in early. The room was lovely (number 51). The pool and spa facilities were quite nice. While we were only here for a night, I would definitely return. If you should go, go to the room called the Bar - it is a fun place to have a drink.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear guests!

I was really delighted to read that you enjoyed your time at the Bareiss. Thank you very much for your pleasant evaluation.

We would be really honoured to welcoming you again and being your hosts – and maybe you will have the chance to stay longer, maybe for some days, to experience and discover all our special features and the beautiful scenery of the Black Forest.

With my best regards,

Mitteltal, October 2013
Cheshire
Reviewed July 31, 2013

On our first visit to the Black Forest, I trawled & trawled on the Internet looking for a hotel I hoped I would feel happy with. Well this hotel surpassed mine/our expectations. When we arrived we were greeted with a huge smile (from everybody) balloon and freebies for the children and check in was quick and efficient. We were shown to our suite which was at the front of the hotel. Very spacious, perfect for 2 adults and 2 children. Immaculately clean, lovely furnishings, great bathroom, separate toilet, dressing room, lovely large terrace. We ventured straight away to the pools. They are amazing, I loved the wild pool, the kids loved the waterside and the top pool with it's jets pushing you around. The Evening meal was fabulous, nothing was too much trouble. Great Wines, Cocktails and again very personally touches that set this hotel way above any I have stayed in throughout the world. Breakfast was amazing. Lunch by the pool fab. Attention to detail and customer service is top class.
For children of all ages there are lots of activities planned daily, so they'll never be bored and you can have some me time the fabulous Spa.
I really can't say enough about this hotel, apart from go and visit for yourself.
Well Done Hotel Bareiss, you have a beautiful hotel. This is the start of our annual visit to the Black Forest!!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank EMMAJOJO
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear guests!

Such wonderful words are most welcome and I would like to thank you for that very much. I am very happy to notice that you and your family enjoyed your time at the Bareiss and had the time and the opportunity to make use of the Bareiss Beauty & Spa facilities and that you were able to enjoy yourselves and to have some wonderful leisure days here in Mitteltal. Thank you very much, also in the name of the Bareiss-Team, for your laud.

Right from the beginning of the story of the Bareiss, it was a very important fact for my family to create a “holiday home”, not just a hotel. With our latest renovation concerning the new Pool and Sauna environment, we decided to create a new oasis for our guests – and the work will go on! As we still have a lot of ideas to be put into practice.

Hiking, bike riding, Nordic walking – individual or guided – the Black Forest offers diversified leisure time activities. At this point, I can just mention that I am really happy having the Bareiss located in the Black Forest.

As a hotel for three generations, the Bareiss should be a haven of peace and quiet, relaxation, pleasure and escape from the everyday bustle. A place of which one thinks with anticipation before the doors open and one enters the very special and unique Bareiss world. A place of which one is happy to reminisce when one sets off again towards home.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity welcoming you again here in Mitteltal next year and being your holiday hosts again. Until then, I would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and wish you and your family all the best.

Sincerely yours

Mitteltal, 2nd August 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I spent ten days here in early July.
We stayed in room 31, a garden suite, which was quiet and spacious. The suite has a bedroom, sitting room, large hall, bathroom and shower room, and also a large, private terrace. The style is very German, comfortable, perhaps a little bit dated in style, but immaculately maintained, and overall perfect if you are staying for a longish time.
The hotel has four restaurants. We had the culinary day package, so breakfast (the most amazing buffet I have ever seen) afternoon cakes and dinner were included. The food was first rate, truly delicious, and the service faultless. The staff are dressed in traditional costume, which changes slightly each day, and could not have been more courteous or pleasant. There is a three star Michelin restaurant, which we did not try as I am not really a foodie, but my husband was very disappointed! We ate in the Dorfenstube one night. This serves local specialities, and was very atmospheric, again an excellent meal.
The spa looked fabulous, though we didn' t actually use it
The position of the hotel makes it a good base for Baden Baden, Strasbourg and Freiburg, all of which we visited. We also went to the nearby Schloss Hohenzollern which was interesting and well worth a trip.
Overall I could thoroughly recommend this hotel. It is not cheap, but absolutely value for money. Numerous extras were included in our rate, such as a night at the restored old farmhouse, Der Morlokhof, with an excellent dinner, vouchers for the rather lovely hotel shops, tokens for spa treatments, and tickets for one of the numerous trips to areas of local interest which the hotel organises each day. Guests who had children said how fantastic the facilities are for children.
The guests were a real cross section of the population, young, old, trendy and those who were interesting as relationships were hard to fathom. A bit of people speculation is always fun!
The owner and his son are very hands on, and there is an absolutely charming lady,who seems to be in charge of publicity, who can offer advice.
All in all we had a splendid time. We have many holidays in Germany, and have always thoroughly enjoyed them. This one was special.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to have a balcony. Our garden suite, room 31 , was excellent.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank agapanthus78
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear guests!

It is always a pleasure to find out that our guests enjoyed their time here with us in Mitteltal and to receive those lovely lines, telling us that we were successful in doing our best for our guests’ comfort and satisfaction. So we feel really honored and valued that you grace us with such a lovely and courteous evaluation. Thank you very much for that!

Laud and recognition are the greatest form of appreciation, also for us. We are really delighted that you enjoyed your visit in the Black Forest and that you gave us the chance being your hosts. Your lovely words are the best motivation for us to keep up our efforts and to give our best every day again to make the Bareiss your holiday home.

It was a great joy for me actually to forward your laud to our crew members and maybe you can imagine how delighted they were about your lovely words.

For us all, it would be a great honour to welcome you again here in Mitteltal. Until then, I would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and wish you and your family all the best.

With my best regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Splurge on this experience, even if just for one night (but then, arrive early, and stay as late as you can the next day. You will receive a very friendly welcome from staff in regional dress, and find many activities to work up an appetite for the delicious food. The three star restaurant was quite delicious - and the chef has a lively sense of humor. Consider his foie gras five ways (or was it six?) - one of which was in the form of creme brûlée. The breakfast buffet was the most lavish we've ever seen - the only downside was that the fruit looked good but on the whole was not ripe and luscious. There are many activities available in the area, such as hiking and biking, and my husband reported a terrific view and a special German apple drink at the top of his climb. The pool facilities caught my fancy - many pools, indoors and out, salt and fresh, warmed or not - almost like an adult water park. Paradise is surely experiencing the outdoors pool that is like a rushing stream (hold on to the rails!) where, at least in the morning, the alpine scent of trees and flowers wafts overhead. Appealing (sweet rather than spectacular) scenery. About an hour and a half drive from Strasbourg, thus easy to add to your Alsace itinerary. There is another three star restaurant in the same town, as well as a one star, and a two star nearby. (See NYTimes review of April 4, 2013) The Bareiss prides itself on catering to three generations, so if you happen to be a wealthy extended family, you could have quite a family reunion there.

Room Tip: The reservationist is willing to discuss particulars of rooms with you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TalkofTravel
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear guests!

‚Thank you‘ – what more can I say, or write, after reading your evaluation. With a smile on my face I forwarded your laud to my father Hermann Bareiss and the whole Bareiss-Team and I can assure you that everybody was really delighted about it.

A good day starts with an even better breakfast. Thank you very much for your fair-minded words. Also in the future, we will try our best to enthuse you with the typical and unique Bareiss breakfast buffet.

Your laud for our 3 Michelin starred Restaurant Bareiss was really a pleasure and I would like to thank you for that, also in the name of Claus-Peter Lumpp and his staff. It was really appreciated.

Concerning your lovely words and your laud, I really cannot think of anything better. I’m really excited about the fact that you had marvellous days here with us at the Bareiss. I am very happy that you found some time to enjoy our new Bareiss Wellness & Spa. After almost a month of work, we are very proud that we can now present this special area to our guests.

Also in the future, we will continue our efforts of being your favorite holiday home and give our best to fulfill your expectations – in the name of hospitality and welcome.

Maybe we will have the chance of welcoming you again here with us in Mitteltal. We would be very happy and so far I would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and send you our best wishes!

Mitteltal, 18th July 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had only one night at the Bareiss, a mistake. Beautifully situated in the Black Forest, with spa, multiple pools. tennis, forest walks and biking as easy or hard as you care to make it, a cheerful, energetic and attentive staff, sumptuous accommodations, special programs and facilities for children of all ages ... oh, and did I mention the food? The three star restaurant was extraordinary and, for that kind of restaurant, reasonably priced; your half-board accommodations include dinner in their other restaurants (or a credit towards your three-star meal) and a breakfast buffet that is simply not to be believed for its variety and quality.

My wife's reaction was that this was the place to which we should bring our children and grandchildren when shortly we celebrate major life anniversaries.

Room Tip: You want to be looking at the mountains across the valley
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear guests!

Please allow me to start my comment with the following words: In most cases, the first impression is the key to inspire our guests and to point out what you might expect from your holiday home – from your Bareiss – here in Mitteltal.

We, my father Hermann Bareiss, the whole Bareiss-team and myself, are really delighted about your comments and the words you find to describe your impressions and experience. Thank you very much for that!

The diversity of leisure activities here in the Black forest is indeed outstanding and I am really glad that you had the chance to enjoy some.

By the way, did I mention that we attach great importance to the fact leaving no wishes, especially concerning the food, unfulfilled? So once again thank you very much for your laud and your recognition.

As a hotel for three generations, we would be glad welcoming you and your family hopefully again soon. Until then, I would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and wish you all the best.

With kind regards

Mitteltal, 11th July 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had the privilege to stay 5 days at the Bareiss.
The room was a nice and spacious suite with an open fireplace and 2 balconies. The only minus was the bed, which was a twin and felt somewhat tiered.

You can choose from several restaurants, one of them holding 3 Michelin stars. For a 3 star restaurant I would expect a more organized service and a slightly more motivated sommelier. Considering the price tag I do not recommend. However the remaining restaurants did not disappoint, excellent food and service.

They have recently renovated their wellness area, which is enormous. Inside pool, outside pool, 5 different saunas, hammam etc...we were not disappointed. Outside you have a large recreational area with a tennis court.

The hotel is very family oriented. This does not disturb since they have organized this in a very clever way.

So If you like wine (their wine list is impressive), food and wellness this is the place for you.
We had 5 fantastic days and will hopefully return one day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear guests!

With great joy I read your lines concerning your visit in our Hotel Bareiss.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write that you enjoyed your stay at The Bareiss. We are delighted that we meet your taste and that you can benefit from the services we offer. We strive for offering our guests an excellent quality in all areas of the hotel to make your visit a very special one.

I could not be happier after reading your compliments for our staff members and I am sure you can imagine how delighted they all were about it. So there is nothing more for me to say but ‘Thank you!’.

We, my father Hermann Bareiss, all staff members and I, would be very happy to welcome you again here in Mitteltal.

With my best regards from the Black Forest,

Mitteltal, 6th June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baiersbronn
Hotel Traube Tonbach
Hotel Dollenberg
Hotel Dollenberg
#1 of 14 in Bad Peterstal-Griesbach
Nationalpark-Hotel Schliffkopf

Been to Hotel Bareiss? Share your experiences!