Splurge on this experience, even if just for one night (but then, arrive early, and stay as late as you can the next day. You will receive a very friendly welcome from staff in regional dress, and find many activities to work up an appetite for the delicious food. The three star restaurant was quite delicious - and the chef has a lively sense of humor. Consider his foie gras five ways (or was it six?) - one of which was in the form of creme brûlée. The breakfast buffet was the most lavish we've ever seen - the only downside was that the fruit looked good but on the whole was not ripe and luscious. There are many activities available in the area, such as hiking and biking, and my husband reported a terrific view and a special German apple drink at the top of his climb. The pool facilities caught my fancy - many pools, indoors and out, salt and fresh, warmed or not - almost like an adult water park. Paradise is surely experiencing the outdoors pool that is like a rushing stream (hold on to the rails!) where, at least in the morning, the alpine scent of trees and flowers wafts overhead. Appealing (sweet rather than spectacular) scenery. About an hour and a half drive from Strasbourg, thus easy to add to your Alsace itinerary. There is another three star restaurant in the same town, as well as a one star, and a two star nearby. (See NYTimes review of April 4, 2013) The Bareiss prides itself on catering to three generations, so if you happen to be a wealthy extended family, you could have quite a family reunion there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family and holiday hotel set in the middle of the Black Forest, in which three generations can feel at home and spend their holidays. A whole range of possibilities for wellness benefiting both body and soul: from gourmet gastronomy to Black Forest snacks, from the Bathing Environment to Bareiss Beauty & Spa, from attractive living right up to leisure time programmes. Experience the genuine hospitality which makes Bareiss what it is - a hearty welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Hotel Bareiss reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bareiss Hotel Baiersbronn
- Hotel Bareiss Germany/Baiersbronn, Baden-Wurttemberg