“Black Forest Gemütlichkeit, World Class service and food”
Review of Hotel Bareiss

Hotel Bareiss
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Baiersbronn
Paris, France
“Black Forest Gemütlichkeit, World Class service and food”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

When my originally planned mother-daughter voyage had to be cancelled due to my broken leg, I searched for somewhere to rest and relax within train-travel distance, and the Hotel Bareiss fit my criteria. From the moment we were picked up by the kindly chauffeur at the train station (we ordered the limousine service offered by the hotel), to the sign wishing us "Herzlich Willkommen!" on our room's door, the smiling ladies in traditional folk costume at the front desk: the welcome had a great attention to detail, discreet and friendly.
We enjoyed the copious breakfast buffet and the cake and coffee hour provided an opportunity to sample not only Black Forest Cake, but apple cake, nut cake, and many diverse pastries and ice cream cups, to my teenage daughter's delight. Dinner was lovely, with a salad starter buffet, and a generous menu. I would have liked to have the opportunity to try a few more regional specialties in the dinner menu, but the food was well-executed and well-prepared. Guests are given a table for the duration of their stay for breakfast and dinner in the guest restaurant if you choose a half-board package.
Given that we were staying in an off-season, off-peak period for the Germans, the age range was unsurprisingly towards the more elderly end. Lots of well-heeled opas and omas who were solicitous and obviously repeat visitors. On the Friday evening came the influx of younger people and families.
The spa services were excellent, discreetly luxurious, and highly professional. My daughter loved the pools and workout room. The entertainment options were varied, towards the quieter side, and very pleasant: a very nice concert by a local youth orchestra, fantastic wine-tasting and cellar tour afternoon with the hotel's restaurant sommelier... and several possibilities for day trips. I imagine that the summer must be magnificent for hiking--something my broken leg did not allow me to do this trip.The library is a lovely room for taking tea, reading the paper, or practicing piano.
We felt completely cared for, very welcome, and very much at ease. The staff really seem to care about the guests and tried hard to anticipate requests. A truly heavenly place to relax, refresh, and rejuvenate--and forget the cares of the everyday world.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank PouletteParis
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear guests!

It is always a pleasure to find out that our guests enjoyed their time here with us in Mitteltal and to receive those lovely lines, telling us that we were successful in doing our best for our guests’ comfort and satisfaction. So we feel really honored and valued that you grace us with such a lovely and courteous evaluation. Thank you very much for that!

Laud and recognition are the greatest form of appreciation, also for us. We are really delighted that you enjoyed your visit in the Black Forest and that you gave us the chance being your hosts. Your lovely words are the best motivation for us to keep up our efforts and to give our best every day again to make the Bareiss your holiday home.

It was a great joy for me actually to forward your laud to our crew members and maybe you can imagine how delighted they were about your lovely words.

For us all, it would be a great honour to welcome you again here in Mitteltal. Until then, I would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and wish you and your family all the best.

With my best regards,

Mitteltal, 4th April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed March 15, 2013

excellent from all points of view, location, hiking possibilities, black forest is so closeby, bar with great coctails and music, pools allover, nice shops in the hotel and exquisite food, great rooms we have been so often and will go back

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roosje188644
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear guests!

‚Thank you‘ – what more can I say, or write, after reading your evaluation. With a smile on my face I forwarded your laud to my father Hermann Bareiss and the whole Bareiss-Team and I can assure you that everybody was really delighted about it.

Also in the future, we will continue our efforts of being your favorite holiday home and give our best to fulfill your expectations – in the name of hospitality and welcome.

With my best regards,

Mitteltal, 19th March 2013
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I have been a number of times to Bareiss and decided to write this review following the recent modifications on the spa area in the hotel. The service is excellent with very helpful staff, nice surroundings for walks but the spa area is by far the best I have ever seen. The new spa (inside and outside) has been completely redone and has numerous sauna's, haman, showers and relaxing area's (waterbeds).
The breakfast is great with choice of different hot and cold dishes.
Dinner is over the top unless you fancy long dinners.
Bar is good but evening entertainment is for older people.
We are considering taking our kids next time.

Room Tip: Landhaus is next to the hotel area
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank belviking
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear guests!

Having the honor welcoming you a number of times here with us at the Bareiss is the most beautiful compliment you can give us. And of course, it’s really a motivation for all of us here in Mitteltal – for my father Hermann Bareiss, for the whole Bareiss-Team and for me. Thank you very much for that!

We are really delighted about the fact that you are so excited about the new Bareiss Wellness & Spa area and that we are able to enthuse you. This is not a natural consequence and we are quite aware of this fact, but your words prove us that we took the right decision – for our guests and for your well-being.

‘Give your body a treat’ – this motto does not only count concerning our spa area, but also, and maybe this is the more important part, in view of your physical well-being. So, how could a day start better than with a diversified breakfast? To leave no guest’s wish unfulfilled is our goal and we are very happy that you appreciate our efforts.

We would be very happy having the chance welcoming you together with and your kids next time here in Mitteltal in the Black Forest. Until then, we send you our best greetings and wish you all the best.

Sincerely yours,

Mitteltal, 19th March 2013
Munich, Germany
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We discovered the Bareiss as a very high leveled hotel regarding the rooms and the service at the reception, the breakfast and the bar.
It might be due to our short stay (only 1 night) that we received a rather small table for breakfast without view and pressed between two bigger tables (one of it empty the whole time). Would it have been for more than one morning I would have asked for a change.
The breakfast itself is really well presented and offers a broad variety of everything you might want to. We found the quality astonishing: everything seemed to be well choosen.
Our room was really great, with a nice view and bright colors. The bathroom was small, but included everything that was necessary and had plenty of space to store the toileteries. The shower was really big and a separate small bathroom was added, equipped with toilet, bidet and another small washing basin (we liked the small towels there).
Overall the hotel was really good, but somehow - and we´re still thinking what exactly it was - we are not sure, if we would like to stay for more than 3 or 4 days. It´s a little bit too big to be cosy and a little bit to organized to feel completely sympathic. But to experience the michelin-starred cuisine of Baiersbronn and surroundings, it will be a nice spot to stay.
Apropos michelin-starred cuisine: we would have liked to eat in the "Bareiss"-3-star-michelin-restaurant, but didn´t expect to get a table, as we made our reservation quite short in advance. So if you would like to eat there remind yourself to book well in advance (like in all the others high-starred restaurants everywhere worldwide).

Room Tip: Room 68 was really nice, spacey, 2nd floor with view over the valley.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LuxTravel4Food
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear guests!

First of all, please allow me to say “Thank you” for your lovely words and your laud concerning our breakfast and all the positive aspects you experienced during your visit here with us in the Black Forest, also in the name of my father Hermann Bareiss and the whole Bareiss-Team.

Compared with the hotel my dear grandmother Hermine Bareiss started in 1951, the Bareiss of today has really changed and also grew. My father Hermann Bareiss and I, we are aware of the fact that much space and room do not necessarily mean cosiness, but we always try to keep the spirit of our house in mind: Being a place for our guests where they can feel like being at home, having the opportunity to relax and enjoy our special arrangements in a very special atmosphere, surrounded by the beautiful nature of the Black Forest.

I really regret that you had not the chance to experience the Bareiss in its entirety and feel the special atmosphere due to your short stay with us. And of course I am really sorry that we, obviously, were not able to satisfy you. Our dedication to our profession is truly heartfelt and the well-being of our guests is top priority. Maybe we will have the chance to convince you that we can do it better at your next visit here with us in Mitteltal. We would be really delighted welcoming you again.

Until then, we, my father Herman Bareiss, the whole Bareiss-Team and I, would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and wish you all the best.

Once again thank you very much for your fair and open words, which are really appreciated. Your words help us getting closer to our wish of being your perfect holiday home.

Sincerely yours

Mitteltal, 12th March 2013
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I really can't think of any negatives points of this hotel! I went there with my family in february, and it just had been snowing for some days. The environment was simply magical. We did some nice hiking trips, organized by Hotel Bareiss. Next to the organized activities (which go from Nordic Walking to yoga) you can also go to the beautiful pool/spa. There is a heated pool outside, which was simply fabulous! So nice to swim in a hot pool with snow all around you! The spa and pool are really perfect to relax. The food was also outstanding. The breakfastbuffet was probably the largest I've ever seen, there really was everything you could wish for at a breakfast. The dinners were also always very nice. This is definitely a hotel I can recommend! We will certainly come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FlorenceGhent
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear guests!

Concerning your lovely words and your laud, I really cannot think of anything better. I’m really excited about the fact that you had marvellous days here with us at the Bareiss.

Every season in the Black Forest has its own kind of magic. Especially in winter time, there is a certain atmosphere. Winter Wonderland in perfection, as everything is covered with snow and nature is wearing a beautiful white mantle.

We are very happy that you found some time to enjoy our new Bareiss Wellness & Spa. After almost a month of work, we are very proud that we can now present this special area to our guests. And this year, we are already celebrating its first birthday.

A good day starts with an even better breakfast. Thank you very much for your fair-minded words. Also in the future, we will try our best to enthuse you with the typical and unique Bareiss breakfast buffet.

Looking forward welcoming you again soon, we wish you and your family all the best and send lovely greetings from the Black Forest.

Sincerely yours

Mitteltal, 27th February 2013
Reviewed December 31, 2012

A wonderful immersion in luxury. If you are someone who must travel with Americans only and expect everyone to speak English... Please go someplace else. If you have even a little German, French or even passable sign language and a good attitude, you will do fine. Everyone on staff was so lovely and welcoming, it was very much a family greeting from arrival to departure. Oh my, the food all day. My only complaint would be the 5 pounds I gained. The spa was much fun, and especially liked acting like a kid in the outdoor water pool. The current is wicked! Would like to return when I have more time to explore the area. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Terri

The New Year has come, already a few days old, and the start could not have been better for us after reading your comments, which you have been kind enough to write down. Thank you very much for your thoughtful words.

It is always a pleasure when our guests kindly let us know that their visit at the Bareiss was not just good, but great. The declared goal of our team is to surprise and enthuse you, not only with the atmosphere, but with the kindness that comes from the heart.

Thank you for a perfect start on tripdavisor in 2013.

My best New-Year-Greetings from the Black Forest!

Sincerely yours,

Mitteltal, 6th January 2013
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Located in the black forest this location offers you more than 500 km of trekking trails of all levels within the forest and sometimes with great views. The spa is very nice. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The hotel offers as well many activities for kids. We had booked a suite with a great view on the forest and some fruits and cookies were here to welcome us, followed by champagne glasses. Gastronomy is a tradition here. They have 3 a la carte restaurants including one 3 michelin stars and others for half board cleints. The breakfast buffet is the richest and most diversified i have ever seen. Generally speaking food is excellent in this hotel. They own as well a small chalet in the forest where you can have a gastronomic break after a walk. We were offered free ham and drinks there as we are 5C clients ( which is the loyalty scheme of Relais et Chateaux). One minor comment : they had no conditioner in the bathroom. Of course it is not cheap and be careful they quote the price per person and not per room and incredibly enough international credit cards are not accepted!!! You'd better have enough cash!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear guests!

Apparently, the Black Forest fascinates not only the local citizens, but also our visitors, tourists and guests. This compliment is very welcome and much appreciated. Thank you very much for that.

Furthermore, I am very delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Bareiss, the gastronomy in general, our extensive breakfast choice, our hiking hut Sattelei and all the facilities. It is of great importance for us that your stay leaves no wish unfulfilled.

Where there is light, there is shade. So I am really thankful for your remarks concerning your bathroom. I spoke with the responsible head of department immediately to clear up these details.

Once again I would like to thank you for your lovely words and I wish you all the best for the future, in which we hopefully meet again.

Best regards

Mitteltal, 29th November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baiersbronn
Hotel Traube Tonbach
Hotel Dollenberg
Hotel Dollenberg
#1 of 14 in Bad Peterstal-Griesbach
Nationalpark-Hotel Schliffkopf

Been to Hotel Bareiss? Share your experiences!