When my originally planned mother-daughter voyage had to be cancelled due to my broken leg, I searched for somewhere to rest and relax within train-travel distance, and the Hotel Bareiss fit my criteria. From the moment we were picked up by the kindly chauffeur at the train station (we ordered the limousine service offered by the hotel), to the sign wishing us "Herzlich Willkommen!" on our room's door, the smiling ladies in traditional folk costume at the front desk: the welcome had a great attention to detail, discreet and friendly.
We enjoyed the copious breakfast buffet and the cake and coffee hour provided an opportunity to sample not only Black Forest Cake, but apple cake, nut cake, and many diverse pastries and ice cream cups, to my teenage daughter's delight. Dinner was lovely, with a salad starter buffet, and a generous menu. I would have liked to have the opportunity to try a few more regional specialties in the dinner menu, but the food was well-executed and well-prepared. Guests are given a table for the duration of their stay for breakfast and dinner in the guest restaurant if you choose a half-board package.
Given that we were staying in an off-season, off-peak period for the Germans, the age range was unsurprisingly towards the more elderly end. Lots of well-heeled opas and omas who were solicitous and obviously repeat visitors. On the Friday evening came the influx of younger people and families.
The spa services were excellent, discreetly luxurious, and highly professional. My daughter loved the pools and workout room. The entertainment options were varied, towards the quieter side, and very pleasant: a very nice concert by a local youth orchestra, fantastic wine-tasting and cellar tour afternoon with the hotel's restaurant sommelier... and several possibilities for day trips. I imagine that the summer must be magnificent for hiking--something my broken leg did not allow me to do this trip.The library is a lovely room for taking tea, reading the paper, or practicing piano.
We felt completely cared for, very welcome, and very much at ease. The staff really seem to care about the guests and tried hard to anticipate requests. A truly heavenly place to relax, refresh, and rejuvenate--and forget the cares of the everyday world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family and holiday hotel set in the middle of the Black Forest, in which three generations can feel at home and spend their holidays. A whole range of possibilities for wellness benefiting both body and soul: from gourmet gastronomy to Black Forest snacks, from the Bathing Environment to Bareiss Beauty & Spa, from attractive living right up to leisure time programmes. Experience the genuine hospitality which makes Bareiss what it is - a hearty welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Hotel Bareiss reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bareiss Hotel Baiersbronn
- Hotel Bareiss Germany/Baiersbronn, Baden-Wurttemberg