“Beautiful hotel in the Blackforest!”
Review of Hotel Bareiss

and 1 more site!
Hotel Bareiss
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Baiersbronn
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I really can't think of any negatives points of this hotel! I went there with my family in february, and it just had been snowing for some days. The environment was simply magical. We did some nice hiking trips, organized by Hotel Bareiss. Next to the organized activities (which go from Nordic Walking to yoga) you can also go to the beautiful pool/spa. There is a heated pool outside, which was simply fabulous! So nice to swim in a hot pool with snow all around you! The spa and pool are really perfect to relax. The food was also outstanding. The breakfastbuffet was probably the largest I've ever seen, there really was everything you could wish for at a breakfast. The dinners were also always very nice. This is definitely a hotel I can recommend! We will certainly come back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FlorenceGhent
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear guests!

Concerning your lovely words and your laud, I really cannot think of anything better. I’m really excited about the fact that you had marvellous days here with us at the Bareiss.

Every season in the Black Forest has its own kind of magic. Especially in winter time, there is a certain atmosphere. Winter Wonderland in perfection, as everything is covered with snow and nature is wearing a beautiful white mantle.

We are very happy that you found some time to enjoy our new Bareiss Wellness & Spa. After almost a month of work, we are very proud that we can now present this special area to our guests. And this year, we are already celebrating its first birthday.

A good day starts with an even better breakfast. Thank you very much for your fair-minded words. Also in the future, we will try our best to enthuse you with the typical and unique Bareiss breakfast buffet.

Looking forward welcoming you again soon, we wish you and your family all the best and send lovely greetings from the Black Forest.

Mitteltal, 27th February 2013

Reviewed December 31, 2012

A wonderful immersion in luxury. If you are someone who must travel with Americans only and expect everyone to speak English... Please go someplace else. If you have even a little German, French or even passable sign language and a good attitude, you will do fine. Everyone on staff was so lovely and welcoming, it was very much a family greeting from arrival to departure. Oh my, the food all day. My only complaint would be the 5 pounds I gained. The spa was much fun, and especially liked acting like a kid in the outdoor water pool. The current is wicked! Would like to return when I have more time to explore the area. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Terri

The New Year has come, already a few days old, and the start could not have been better for us after reading your comments, which you have been kind enough to write down. Thank you very much for your thoughtful words.

It is always a pleasure when our guests kindly let us know that their visit at the Bareiss was not just good, but great. The declared goal of our team is to surprise and enthuse you, not only with the atmosphere, but with the kindness that comes from the heart.

Thank you for a perfect start on tripdavisor in 2013.

My best New-Year-Greetings from the Black Forest!

Sincerely yours,

Mitteltal, 6th January 2013

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Located in the black forest this location offers you more than 500 km of trekking trails of all levels within the forest and sometimes with great views. The spa is very nice. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The hotel offers as well many activities for kids. We had booked a suite with a great view on the forest and some fruits and cookies were here to welcome us, followed by champagne glasses. Gastronomy is a tradition here. They have 3 a la carte restaurants including one 3 michelin stars and others for half board cleints. The breakfast buffet is the richest and most diversified i have ever seen. Generally speaking food is excellent in this hotel. They own as well a small chalet in the forest where you can have a gastronomic break after a walk. We were offered free ham and drinks there as we are 5C clients ( which is the loyalty scheme of Relais et Chateaux). One minor comment : they had no conditioner in the bathroom. Of course it is not cheap and be careful they quote the price per person and not per room and incredibly enough international credit cards are not accepted!!! You'd better have enough cash!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear guests!

Apparently, the Black Forest fascinates not only the local citizens, but also our visitors, tourists and guests. This compliment is very welcome and much appreciated. Thank you very much for that.

Furthermore, I am very delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Bareiss, the gastronomy in general, our extensive breakfast choice, our hiking hut Sattelei and all the facilities. It is of great importance for us that your stay leaves no wish unfulfilled.

Where there is light, there is shade. So I am really thankful for your remarks concerning your bathroom. I spoke with the responsible head of department immediately to clear up these details.

Once again I would like to thank you for your lovely words and I wish you all the best for the future, in which we hopefully meet again.

Best regards

Mitteltal, 29th November 2012

Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you are an experienced traveler and don't require Americans or complete Americanisms this place is fantastic. You will be vacationing with the upper middle class Germans. Many on return visits. Many dress for dinner, but it isn't required. The food is lovely. The spa fantastic (get the body peel). The pool areas relaxing and entertaining. The whirlpools are not super hot, but warm. We had the room and half board. They feed you all day. I can't imagine how much more food the full board would have been. The only inconvenient thing is they don't take credit cards. Most staff speak some English or French. Speak slowly, be polite and use sign language, everything can be managed. I look forward to returning. A double room was actually a king size bed.

Room Tip: We overlooked the front of the hotel and it was very quiet with a lovely classic bavarian view of th...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kay_In_Denver
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Kay

Our ultimate goal here at the Bareiss is to bestow an all around relaxing holiday upon our guests. Every day we are trying our best to reach this.

Your words are a most welcome incentive. Thank you very much for that! It was really a pleasure for me to submit your laud and recognition to the entire staff at the Bareiss and I can assure you that they were all really delighted.

According to an average utilisation of nearly 90 percent forming the basis for our price structure we adopted a long-term pricing policy to offer our guests an optimal ratio of price and benefits with competitive prices. To secure the quality of the services offered for our guests, 240 employees are required which is one reason for not having the margin to pay fees for credit card companies or other fees which we would not like to hand on to our guests.

For this reason we do not accept credit card payments for the room account. The restaurant bills are excluded from this regulation. We understand that our guests are sometimes not very happy with this but we ask for your comprehension.

We look forward to welcoming you again here in Mitteltal at the Bareiss. Until then, I would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and send my best wishes and greetings.

Kind regards

Mitteltal, 17th November 2012

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is such a treat! My husband and I stayed for 5 nights this October. There is a beautiful view from just about any room in the hotel. We were in a double room with a balcony for two nights and a suite on the top floor the other three. The double room was very nice, the suite was truly amazing. Both rooms had lovely views. The town of Mitteltal where the hotel is located is lovely. All of the restaurants at the hotel have high quality food and the gourmet restaurant is sensational. It was one of the best culinary experiences of our lives. There is a small chalet restaurant located in the woods slightly up the mountain about a mile hike from the hotel which is a treat. The views during the hike are amazing and the food (lunch) was great. The hotel also has an amazing spa and pool area that are beautiful. The concierge, Kai, was so friendly and very helpful. Everyone at the hotel was professional and helpful. It is a great place to just relax and/or use as a base for day trips in the Black Forest and surrounding areas.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Susan

The pleasure about your lovely compliments is entirely mine.

Indeed, it is a great joy to us, my father Hermann Bareiss, the team of the Hotel Bareiss and me, being able to enthuse our guests the way we were able to enthuse you.

Laud and recognition are the greatest form of appreciation, also for us. We are really delighted that you enjoyed your visit in the Black Forest and that you gave us the chance being your hosts. Your lovely words are the best motivation for us to keep up our efforts and to give our best every day again to make the Bareiss your holiday home.

Thank you very much for your comments concerning our spa area and the chalet Wanderhütte Sattelei. It was a really pleasure for me to submit your laud to the Bareiss-Team and I can assure you that they were all really pleased, especially Kai Schmalzried.

It would be a great honour for us to welcome you again here in Mitteltal. Until then, I would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and wish you and your husband all the best.

Mitteltal, 26th October 2012

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We took a special trip to this superb resort in the lovely Schwarzwald (Black forest). It was worth it to drive all the way down from our beautiful Laren The Netherlands. The place is probably one of the best places for vacation. It's located in one of the nicest regions on the planet, were you can hike and bike in a very pastoral landscape between rivers lakes and of course lots of forestry. But, even if the Bareis Hotel was located in the desert, it would still worth a visit only because it has everything and beyond, to make your stay unforgettable.
One of the nicest things about places like Hotel Bareis, is that its charm is natural, maybe because they have been lodging and serving European elite for so many years. The place is pretty much hands on with every detail, and the guests are pampered 24 hours again in any way you can dream of.
The hotel is a huge complex – but still cozy, and doesn't stand out in the natural environment. The maintenance is first class. Nothing feels outdated or unattended. The hotel's SPA is spectacular.
If you come with your family the place has many attractions for kids – only the best. If you're a couple or if you look for a quite vacation (we came as a couple) it's probably better to visit the Bareis not during the summer vacation.
The hotel offers half board stay, with outstanding breakfast and dinner, but you could also try the hotels three other restaurants. The food was excellent (a little too salty to my taste – if you don’t like your food salty do ask the kitchen to have it less salty), the service in the dinner restaurant should be improved. Most of the waiters are not trained enough, and some have difficulties in communicating in English.
We went once for dinner, to the 4 Michelin forks restaurant Barais. The food was good, the service was great. The wine selection, the atmosphere etc, everything was first class – but as I already noticed before – in most of the cases 2 forks are much better than 4 forks, where the chef is leaving the traditional and regional good old ways to more innovation and creation. You could defiantly skip this restaurant. It simply doesn't worth the money. Great restaurant, but…have dinner in the main restaurant.
As the place is located in heart of the Black Forst, we went for nice walks and bike riding every morning, and then came back to relax at the spa in the afternoon. Where we tried all the cakes the hotel's bakery offered - DON'T miss there cakes!!!
I could write more, but this is a place that words can't describe - GO there.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Weißenbachtal room no 92. It was quite a specious room (in other hotels it would be...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OriNothingButTheBest
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear guests

Luckily, we are not located in the desert, but in the beautiful Black Forest. I am very happy that you were able to enjoy yourselves and to have some wonderful leisure days here in Mitteltal. Thank you very much, also in the name of the Bareiss-Team, for your laud.

Right from the beginning of the story of the Bareiss, it was a very important fact for my family to create a “holiday home”, not just a hotel. With our latest renovation concerning the new Pool and Sauna environment, we decided to create a new oasis for our guests – and the work will go on! As we still have a lot of ideas to be put into practice.

Apart from your laud, I am very thankful for your comments and remarks concerning your visit, because these facts may help us to improve our services. Thank your very much for that. I already spoke with the responsible head of department.

We were not able to enthuse you for our Restaurant Bareiss and I really regret this fact. But on the other hand, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our cakes.

Hiking, bike riding, Nordic walking – individual or guided – the Black Forest offers diversified leisure time activities. At this point, I can just mention again that I am really happy not having the Bareiss located in the desert.

I really regret that your room no. 92 did not meet your expectations in every aspect, but I am sure that we will find the perfect room for your and your partner in the future.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity welcoming you again here in Mitteltal someday and being your holiday hosts again. Until then, I would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and wish you all the best.

Mitteltal, 5th October 2012

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had an amazing time at the Bareiss Hotel
Everything was excellent, the service, the people always smiled and helped if needed
We went everyday to bike with the kids
Nice swimming pools and spa.
And food was so good
Worth coming again and again and again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Oded S
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Mr Oded S. and family,

We are very pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit here with us in the Black Forest und would appreciate having the chance to welcome you again at the Hotel Bareiss.

As a hotel for three generations, we are of course always keeping an eye on the needs of all of our clients and sometimes there is a fine line between fulfilling the requirements of our senior guests and our families.

All the more, we are very happy that we were able to offer to you and your kids a diversified leisure program.

With my best regards

Mitteltal, 27th August 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baiersbronn
Hotel Traube Tonbach
#12 of 32 in Baiersbronn
Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa
Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa
#1 of 50 in Baden-Baden

Been to Hotel Bareiss? Share your experiences!