“No Americans Present”
Review of Hotel Bareiss

Hotel Bareiss
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Baiersbronn
Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you are an experienced traveler and don't require Americans or complete Americanisms this place is fantastic. You will be vacationing with the upper middle class Germans. Many on return visits. Many dress for dinner, but it isn't required. The food is lovely. The spa fantastic (get the body peel). The pool areas relaxing and entertaining. The whirlpools are not super hot, but warm. We had the room and half board. They feed you all day. I can't imagine how much more food the full board would have been. The only inconvenient thing is they don't take credit cards. Most staff speak some English or French. Speak slowly, be polite and use sign language, everything can be managed. I look forward to returning. A double room was actually a king size bed.

Room Tip: We overlooked the front of the hotel and it was very quiet with a lovely classic bavarian view of th...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kay_In_Denver
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Kay

Our ultimate goal here at the Bareiss is to bestow an all around relaxing holiday upon our guests. Every day we are trying our best to reach this.

Your words are a most welcome incentive. Thank you very much for that! It was really a pleasure for me to submit your laud and recognition to the entire staff at the Bareiss and I can assure you that they were all really delighted.

According to an average utilisation of nearly 90 percent forming the basis for our price structure we adopted a long-term pricing policy to offer our guests an optimal ratio of price and benefits with competitive prices. To secure the quality of the services offered for our guests, 240 employees are required which is one reason for not having the margin to pay fees for credit card companies or other fees which we would not like to hand on to our guests.

For this reason we do not accept credit card payments for the room account. The restaurant bills are excluded from this regulation. We understand that our guests are sometimes not very happy with this but we ask for your comprehension.

We look forward to welcoming you again here in Mitteltal at the Bareiss. Until then, I would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and send my best wishes and greetings.

Kind regards

Mitteltal, 17th November 2012

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is such a treat! My husband and I stayed for 5 nights this October. There is a beautiful view from just about any room in the hotel. We were in a double room with a balcony for two nights and a suite on the top floor the other three. The double room was very nice, the suite was truly amazing. Both rooms had lovely views. The town of Mitteltal where the hotel is located is lovely. All of the restaurants at the hotel have high quality food and the gourmet restaurant is sensational. It was one of the best culinary experiences of our lives. There is a small chalet restaurant located in the woods slightly up the mountain about a mile hike from the hotel which is a treat. The views during the hike are amazing and the food (lunch) was great. The hotel also has an amazing spa and pool area that are beautiful. The concierge, Kai, was so friendly and very helpful. Everyone at the hotel was professional and helpful. It is a great place to just relax and/or use as a base for day trips in the Black Forest and surrounding areas.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Susan

The pleasure about your lovely compliments is entirely mine.

Indeed, it is a great joy to us, my father Hermann Bareiss, the team of the Hotel Bareiss and me, being able to enthuse our guests the way we were able to enthuse you.

Laud and recognition are the greatest form of appreciation, also for us. We are really delighted that you enjoyed your visit in the Black Forest and that you gave us the chance being your hosts. Your lovely words are the best motivation for us to keep up our efforts and to give our best every day again to make the Bareiss your holiday home.

Thank you very much for your comments concerning our spa area and the chalet Wanderhütte Sattelei. It was a really pleasure for me to submit your laud to the Bareiss-Team and I can assure you that they were all really pleased, especially Kai Schmalzried.

It would be a great honour for us to welcome you again here in Mitteltal. Until then, I would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and wish you and your husband all the best.

Sincerely yours

Mitteltal, 26th October 2012

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We took a special trip to this superb resort in the lovely Schwarzwald (Black forest). It was worth it to drive all the way down from our beautiful Laren The Netherlands. The place is probably one of the best places for vacation. It's located in one of the nicest regions on the planet, were you can hike and bike in a very pastoral landscape between rivers lakes and of course lots of forestry. But, even if the Bareis Hotel was located in the desert, it would still worth a visit only because it has everything and beyond, to make your stay unforgettable.
One of the nicest things about places like Hotel Bareis, is that its charm is natural, maybe because they have been lodging and serving European elite for so many years. The place is pretty much hands on with every detail, and the guests are pampered 24 hours again in any way you can dream of.
The hotel is a huge complex – but still cozy, and doesn't stand out in the natural environment. The maintenance is first class. Nothing feels outdated or unattended. The hotel's SPA is spectacular.
If you come with your family the place has many attractions for kids – only the best. If you're a couple or if you look for a quite vacation (we came as a couple) it's probably better to visit the Bareis not during the summer vacation.
The hotel offers half board stay, with outstanding breakfast and dinner, but you could also try the hotels three other restaurants. The food was excellent (a little too salty to my taste – if you don’t like your food salty do ask the kitchen to have it less salty), the service in the dinner restaurant should be improved. Most of the waiters are not trained enough, and some have difficulties in communicating in English.
We went once for dinner, to the 4 Michelin forks restaurant Barais. The food was good, the service was great. The wine selection, the atmosphere etc, everything was first class – but as I already noticed before – in most of the cases 2 forks are much better than 4 forks, where the chef is leaving the traditional and regional good old ways to more innovation and creation. You could defiantly skip this restaurant. It simply doesn't worth the money. Great restaurant, but…have dinner in the main restaurant.
As the place is located in heart of the Black Forst, we went for nice walks and bike riding every morning, and then came back to relax at the spa in the afternoon. Where we tried all the cakes the hotel's bakery offered - DON'T miss there cakes!!!
I could write more, but this is a place that words can't describe - GO there.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Weißenbachtal room no 92. It was quite a specious room (in other hotels it would be...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OriNothingButTheBest
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear guests

Luckily, we are not located in the desert, but in the beautiful Black Forest. I am very happy that you were able to enjoy yourselves and to have some wonderful leisure days here in Mitteltal. Thank you very much, also in the name of the Bareiss-Team, for your laud.

Right from the beginning of the story of the Bareiss, it was a very important fact for my family to create a “holiday home”, not just a hotel. With our latest renovation concerning the new Pool and Sauna environment, we decided to create a new oasis for our guests – and the work will go on! As we still have a lot of ideas to be put into practice.

Apart from your laud, I am very thankful for your comments and remarks concerning your visit, because these facts may help us to improve our services. Thank your very much for that. I already spoke with the responsible head of department.

We were not able to enthuse you for our Restaurant Bareiss and I really regret this fact. But on the other hand, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our cakes.

Hiking, bike riding, Nordic walking – individual or guided – the Black Forest offers diversified leisure time activities. At this point, I can just mention again that I am really happy not having the Bareiss located in the desert.

I really regret that your room no. 92 did not meet your expectations in every aspect, but I am sure that we will find the perfect room for your and your partner in the future.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity welcoming you again here in Mitteltal someday and being your holiday hosts again. Until then, I would like to say “Auf Wiedersehen” and wish you all the best.

Sincerely yours

Mitteltal, 5th October 2012

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had an amazing time at the Bareiss Hotel
Everything was excellent, the service, the people always smiled and helped if needed
We went everyday to bike with the kids
Nice swimming pools and spa.
And food was so good
Worth coming again and again and again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Oded S
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Mr Oded S. and family,

We are very pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit here with us in the Black Forest und would appreciate having the chance to welcome you again at the Hotel Bareiss.

As a hotel for three generations, we are of course always keeping an eye on the needs of all of our clients and sometimes there is a fine line between fulfilling the requirements of our senior guests and our families.

All the more, we are very happy that we were able to offer to you and your kids a diversified leisure program.

With my best regards

Mitteltal, 27th August 2012

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was my 1st visit to the Hotel Bareiss and was delighted with hotel the service from the staff and the restaurants.
Staff were all very friendly and helpful .
Although the rooms vary in size the apartment style accommodation is very comfortable and spacious.
The restaurants were excellent and the breakfast buffets were out of this world.
Being summer the gardens were in full bloom but I think this hotel would be just as beautiful in winter under snow.
A perfect choice in the Schwarzwald region of Germany.
Marcus M.
Black Rock,
Victoria.
Australia.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Mr Moss

With pleasure I noticed that your first visit to our Hotel Bareiss was, as you wrote, “a perfect choice”. Thank you very much for your lovely words!

I forwarded your laud to the staff members and maybe you can imagine how delighted they all were about it.

A good day starts with a good breakfast, that is a philosophy at the Bareiss and we are trying every single day to give our best and to achieve this goal. Obviously, we were able to impress you and to offer you a breakfast buffet that, hopefully, leaves no wishes unfulfilled.

Thank you very much again for your positive evaluation. We would be very pleased welcoming you again in the Black Forest, maybe in winter and hopefully with plenty of snow then, and being your holiday home.

With my best regards

Mitteltal, 2nd August 2012

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Such a wonderful stay, we are already making reservations to return in December. Others have commented on the superlatives, breakfast, gourmet dinner, attentive staff, including the owner stopping by at every dinner. The suana area was recenty re-done and it is very nice. Not too many people in it as it was warm outside, but we enjoyed the daily saunas and being able to be out in the sun in a private area. Sadly, there was a bad windstorm a week before we arrived and some of the hiking trails were closed, but we still enjoyed some nice hikes in the forrest. Some have commented that there was no one from the US there - I think we may have been the only US guests there during our stay - which for us was perfect. Most all the staff spoke English so communication was not a problem. Bottom line is this was a wonderfuly relaxing stay and we will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the land house - a suite - beautiful, large room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear guests

Such wonderful words and laud are most welcome and I would like to thank you for that very much. I am very happy to notice that you enjoyed your time at the Bareiss and had the time and the opportunity to make use of our saunas every day.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, there is one fact we cannot influence – the weather! It was indeed a rather heavy storm that touched us the week before you arrived, but luckily we got off cheaply. I deeply regret that you couldn’t experience our hiking trails to the full extent, but of course the local government must ensure that there is no danger for the hikers. For this reason, some hiking trails were closed.

We would be very pleased to welcome you again in December to spend some time with us in pre-Christmas period and Advent season – and maybe you will have the chance to discover the Black Forest covered with snow, ready for a sleigh ride.

Until then, I send you my best wishes and greetings and wish you and your family all the best.

With best regards

Mitteltal, 18th July 2012

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed for four nights in Bareiss (17/6 to 21/6/2012) for the third time! The receptionists and the whole staff were very friendly and token of attention. The breakfast is probable one of the best in a five star hotel in Europe. For my wife, a cosy table in a restaurant is very important and I am very grateful that one of the restaurant managers arranged, after my request, a cosy table in the middle of the "Wintergarten" (her favourite restaurant). The outdoor pool is great and the reclining chairs with beautiful parasols are very inviting! We also walked to the Sattelei Chalet and we discoverd how welcoming it is (luxury in the wood). Hopefully till next year and thanks to the Bareiss family!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear guests

One of our main intentions is to please our guests in every possible way. Being successful in this attempt means a lot to us. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time at the Bareiss and were comfortable with our service members and the whole staff. Thank you very much for your laud!

Your lovely words concerning our breakfast, the outdoor pool with the relaxing area and our Sattelei Hiking Hut are a great motivation for us to continue in our efforts offering you as our guests a very special place to spend some days of relaxation, recreation and outdoor leisure. And in this spirit we cordially welcome you to join us here in Mitteltal.

We would be very proud having the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Bareiss in the Black Forest being your hosts. Hopefully till next year!

Yours sincerely

Mitteltal, 13th July 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baiersbronn
Hotel Traube Tonbach
#1 of 14 in Bad Peterstal-Griesbach
Hotel Lamm
Hotel Lamm
#12 of 32 in Baiersbronn

Been to Hotel Bareiss? Share your experiences!